Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you answer this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How can you check your own cervix for dilation? Is everyone's fingers long enough to check?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
That should be a sterile procedure. No one should do that without sterile gloves. It's risky to introduce bacteria into a dilated cervix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkieOBRN
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Mildly off topic..but did u know in the past labor nurses were only allowed ti check a cervix ANALLY? seriously..it was thought too much bacteria could be introduced vaginally and the anal mucosa protected against that. Crazy right!?

Quoting Anonymous:

No haha I just wanna know if I'm dilated.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Ok.. make sure there is zero dirt under his nails or around his cuticles... scrub. Then cut his nails super short..

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

He'll wash his hands lol it'll be ok!

That's what I'm asking you. What should he be feeling for?

Quoting OkieOBRN:

No! Why introduce bacteria? I strongly doubt he knows what your cervix feels like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I have mydh check because he would know what feels normal and what doesn't

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Yes, but I have a tilted uterus. In a squat position, your uterus opening is usually as far back as your middle finger can reach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
I do bleed sometimes. You're really smart I like you.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Does his dick have fingernails? Go everywhere his hands do?

When ur having sex your vaginal canal elongates to accommodate a penis.. if he is bumping your cervix it HURTS.. usually your cervix is harder to reach while aroused... and its generally posterior so he wouldnt be hitting the opening anyway...

Pregnant cervix is very vascular.. if he was pounding on it during sex you would be bleeding after a lil

Quoting Anonymous:

Can his dick do all of those things? It's longer than anyone's finger.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Or cause bleeding... or cervical edema... or rupture membranes with the head not engaged and cause a prolapse....

Quoting Anonymous:

That's dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. It's a great way to get an infection though!!

Quoting Anonymous:

To see if I'm dilated. Lmao

Quoting lovnmy3boys:

Um, why would you want to? On second thought... never mind... :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:34 PM
That's some sick shit.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Mildly off topic..but did u know in the past labor nurses were only allowed ti check a cervix ANALLY? seriously..it was thought too much bacteria could be introduced vaginally and the anal mucosa protected against that. Crazy right!?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Ok.. make sure there is zero dirt under his nails or around his cuticles... scrub. Then cut his nails super short..

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

No! Why introduce bacteria? I strongly doubt he knows what your cervix feels like.

Quoting Anonymous:

Should I have mydh check because he would know what feels normal and what doesn't

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Quoting JacksMom1221:

That should be a sterile procedure. No one should do that without sterile gloves. It's risky to introduce bacteria into a dilated cervix.

no such thing as sterile exam gloves. They carry them in their pockets or have them in tissue boxes on the wall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM
So what I felt with two fingers was probably just my normal hole right? I was sitting on the toilet with one knee up.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Yes, but I have a tilted uterus. In a squat position, your uterus opening is usually as far back as your middle finger can reach.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Some women check their cervix when they are TTC so it is possible for that reason. No idea about checking for dilation other than unless your hands/nails/fingers are clean I wouldn't try it.

OkieOBRN
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Yep! I couldn't imagine!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's some sick shit.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM
NOTHING goes in my asshole. You understand?

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Yep! I couldn't imagine!

Quoting Anonymous:

That's some sick shit.

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Then... dont do it!

Do u think ur in labor?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OkieOBRN:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)