Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you stupid f***ing idiots!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • 44 Replies

Ok so I am at work, I work at a nursing home, I answer the phones. Get a phone call from a residents family because the the family got a phone call saying the resident wasnt breathing trying to find out if they wanted them sent to the hospital etc etc, the family does not speak english, well the family had some one call back that does, so I was trying to find a nurse to talk to the person and let them know what is going on (I dont know what happen but apparently the resident is fine now) so apparently the residents nurse is now on lunch, i am just the receptionist i am not allowed to give out resident care info on the phone, so i just spent 20 minutes with the family on hold while i tried tracking down the nurse! Then I get in touch with A nurse but not that residents nurse and shes like ok her nurse went on lunch tell them to call back... ummmm no they got a phone call that mom wasnt breathing im not asking them to call back SOME ONE needs to talk to them, again the resident is fine now but how pissed would you be if you got that phone call and then called back and was told to call back! Im so sick of the fucking nurses here and "thats not my job" I pray if it is ever their family member that some one is a little kinder then they are being! The nurse that didnt want to talk to the family was like well i dont know what happened, i was like do you know if she is ok now, she says well yeah ok then fuck face! at least let them know mom is ok!!!! is that really asking too much?!?!?!?!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

that was really hard to read...but what I am am getting is that a nurse called a family to tell them mom was not breathing and what did they want to do about it? I would think that would be in mom's paper work. Punctuation is a good thing to learn

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Wow, that's fucked up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

id be pissed too!

Aichia
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Part of the reason I got out of health care was working with asshats who treated people like a paycheck and not a person in need of help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

If the family didn't put it in the paperwork, then it's not there. If the resident is a DNR it doesn't mean they wont still send her to the hospital

Quoting shivasgirl:

that was really hard to read...but what I am am getting is that a nurse called a family to tell them mom was not breathing and what did they want to do about it? I would think that would be in mom's paper work. Punctuation is a good thing to learn

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM

wow that is terrible. My heart breaks for that poor family. How the hell can your establishment not call the family back as soon as she was OK or tell them to go to hospital if she wasn't.

mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting shivasgirl:

that was really hard to read...but what I am am getting is that a nurse called a family to tell them mom was not breathing and what did they want to do about it? I would think that would be in mom's paper work. Punctuation is a good thing to learn   <<<<< says the person who forgot the period....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:14 PM
So you wanted a nurse who knows nothing about the patient's condition to talk to the family about the patient's condition?

Makes sense.
mommie2twogirls
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM

it was almost like "oh they don't speak english fuck them" the nurse that didn't want to talk to them was actually like "well they don't speak english" and they had some one who does call back you dumb bitch! I agree a phone call should have been made saying she was ok. <<<<<Look I used my period

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

wow that is terrible. My heart breaks for that poor family. How the hell can your establishment not call the family back as soon as she was OK or tell them to go to hospital if she wasn't.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Ha ha, busted!

Quoting mommie2twogirls:

Quoting shivasgirl:

that was really hard to read...but what I am am getting is that a nurse called a family to tell them mom was not breathing and what did they want to do about it? I would think that would be in mom's paper work. Punctuation is a good thing to learn   <<<<< says the person who forgot the period....

With light and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured