Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Kids Molestation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I see my young son has some curiosity over hes young baby sister. My husband told me he saw our son put hes sister's hands between hes legs. Yesterday i saw my son laying on top of her (no activity) just laying there and she was laughing. My son is 5 and hes sister is 1. I have been molested before and my mother sis nothing about it. I don't know how to Handel this situation... if my son gets older  (16+) and does something bad to hes sister ......... my son or not.... i will call the police and get him some help. How can i prevent this... How to start off the conversation???

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

just explain to him good touch and bad touch and that if he wants to touch himself its ok but not to touch others . he may be young but you can tell him what"s wrong

Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM

just tell him not to sit on his sister like that and that no one should touch his private parts outside of you and a doctor.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM

for now I would watch him closely. When he does something that bothers you ask him to stop and say that's not someting we do.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM

explain to him that we keep our body parts to ourselves and that (any actions that you find inappropriate) are inappropriate

My-mono-twins
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I would not cll the police, a lot of kids go through that stuff. I would just be very aware of whats going on and talk with him about it. Hes still very young

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM
What he did in no way means hes gonna molest her or anyone else. Hes 5 years old! My 4&5 y/o grandkids have done that before after seeing adult scenes on tv they shouldnt have seen, but they had no idea what it meant. Just teach him the difference in good touching and bad touching.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM
Maybe try to explain to him about how girls don't have the boy private parts and they are private for a reason, they are supposed to be kept to your self and no one is supposed to touch any one else's private parts. He isn't trying to do anything or hurt her he is just curious as to how these parts of our body work and how they are different. I would get advise from a councilor or doctor on how to approach the situation and maybe how to explain it. But it is simply curiosity.
RandiBear
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Is there any possibility he has already been touched by somebody? I'm just asking because it is the first thing any professional will ask you, due to his actions (which are actually semi-normal, but can also be a sign of former or current abuse). Please don't think I'm saying you or your husband have done anything, but it's just something you might want to consider. My goddaughter was being touched at school by another student and acted it out at home with her younger siblings. That's why I ask.

But as another poster suggested, explain about private parts and not sharing them or letting other people touch...or touching others. Explain which parts are private parts and which parts are okay to touch. That conversation can open up to if he has been touched and what to do if he ever is.

Quoting Anonymous:

I see my young son has some curiosity over hes young baby sister. My husband told me he saw our son put hes sister's hands between hes legs. Yesterday i saw my son laying on top of her (no activity) just laying there and she was laughing. My son is 5 and hes sister is 1. I have been molested before and my mother sis nothing about it. I don't know how to Handel this situation... if my son gets older and does something bad to hes sister ......... my son or not.... i will call the police and get him some help. How can i prevent this... How to start off the conversation???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Talk to him about what he's doing..

Ask him WHAT he's doing?

Where did he see that done?

Has someone done it to him?

WHY does he do it?

Then after you get answers, explain to him why it's not appropriate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)