Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you do this if your kid didn't live you?***edit***

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM
  • 108 Replies

My son was given a PS3 for Christmas from his dad's house(who he sees every other weekend if that, because well that is the way his dad wants it). Then they told the kid he can't bring home his PS3? Who was gift for? Not my son because he'll really never get to use it. Why buy gifts that cost $$$$ and are kid's dream to only keep them away from it? Am I the one lost on this thought and that it is cruel to do this to a child? 

***Maybe I worded the 1st part woung, I have no problem with son have things that only get played at dad's. It just a mood point me:

1) his dad is acting like my dad and it breaks my heart

2) PS3 is already being walking on by his little sisiter and brother because dad did put off the floor so what was the point of spending all that money if you don't care what happens to it but he can't bringit home? There are cases just so can pack these things so the can be moved. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:10 PM
5 moms liked this

I wouldnt make a big deal over it. Gives him something to look forward to at dad's house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I can see where dad is coming from. If I bought the child a TV or a large electronic I would want it to stay at my house to. He can use it when he visits.
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Because they didnt pay that money to not be able to assure it was taken care of.

All things bought for my ss by us, stays here. Otherwise, it always gets lost, broken, stolen, etc.

mommie2twogirls
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM

my mom got my daughters DS's that are for her house, but I understand why she did it the way she did, she has custody of my nephews and niece and they all have DS's and my daughters would forget their Ds's and then be upset they couldnt play when the other kids were playing

lhiannan
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM

My son has things that stay at his dad's house, I don't think it's a big deal...He wasn't allowed to bring expensive things from my house to his dad's until a couple years ago, when I could trust that he wouldn't break them in the process.

ididntdoit111
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this

I hate it when parents do that. The gift is for the child...or is it? At least he'll get to play when he DOES go to dad's. And Dad will play when his son isn't there.

mcclainprincess
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
My ex husband bought gifts for our son and they stay here because he is here most of the time. When he goes to his dads house he packs the toys he wants to take.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
I wouldn't want a video game console going back and forth either. Hook up, un hook, pieces lost. Pain In the ass.

I don't see the big deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elijahXmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I can see that but it not  like his dad even wants a part of his life since he has new wife and kids. Makes me sick I know my son has to feel this, it breaks my heart. I hope makes since? The kid wanted a PS3 so dam bad it was unreal( I wish I could have gotten him one but sorry it was not in the budget) I am glad he got it but if lucky he'll play it maybe 40 days out of a year. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can see where dad is coming from. If I bought the child a TV or a large electronic I would want it to stay at my house to. He can use it when he visits.

elijahXmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM

It something my son wanted really bad and now will only get play with it 40 days out of 365 so that gift was really ment for him?

Quoting lhiannan:

My son has things that stay at his dad's house, I don't think it's a big deal...He wasn't allowed to bring expensive things from my house to his dad's until a couple years ago, when I could trust that he wouldn't break them in the process.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)