Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

These foodstamps just aren't cutting it!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are a family of six and are receiving $672 a month in foodstamps. While that may seem like a lot to some of you, food is more expensive now and I can't get the foodstamps to last the whole month. I need some tips please!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Replies (81-90):
manda91
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM
3 moms liked this

stop complainging your lucky the government gives you money for food. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM
There's 4 of us, we get 348 and I spend about an extra 100. I cook a lot. Don't buy convenient good and a bunch of snack food . My dh eats about a dozen eggs at a time and a whole bag of chips in one serving. Ds eats a whole lot as well like 3 packs of oatmeal at a time. Just have to budget
GracelynJoysMom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM
I am in Missouri as well. I receive $350 for my daughter and I because it is based off our income. Yes, i have a job but i am also in school full time so i can get my career going and not have to struggle.

I shop at Aldi alot because you can get alot more for less $. Last time i went there i only spent about $60 and our cart was full of food. Good Luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Blake12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Try simplifying the meals where you don't have to buy a lot of ingredients. Also when I shop for my house I base myeals on what is on sale that week. Lots of buy one get one or whatever. Your budget is really large actually. I have family of 6 and I usually spend about $500 a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

I usually shop at Kroger and we eat boneless chicken breast, steak on occasion, hamburger meat here and there and we like tacos, lasagna, chili....

Quoting Mrs.Blake12:

Thats crazy..where do you shop and what kinds of foods does your family eat?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beingme75
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I spend for myself $100 a month. Buy fresh, raw, meal plan around coupons

For example,Instead of like french fries and mashed potatoes, buy potatoes and make them with that instead.
Make pancakes from scratch and not from box..etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I think i just changed my mind. abortions are cool if you're gonna turn out be like this maggot!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

get on birth control, get a job, stop making excuses and being a leech!

ajrjj05
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

WOW! Family of 5 here, we only spend about $350 a month on food. You get FOOD STAMPS! and can't even shop right on that amount. I feel sorry for you. Get a/another JOB! then.. Tips are coupons, sales and stock ups. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Then quit bitching. If you can't do something this minor how to you expect anyone to beloved you need more free food?

Quoting Anonymous:

I've tried but can never seem to stick to it.

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

Do you meal plan?

My friend who has a family of 8 gets 1,000. & she still manages to have enough to buy food to cook & make for people who can't afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Be thankful you get any. Some of us make too much for fs, but have to choose between paying bills or buying food every month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

foodstamps are suppose to SUPPLIMENT. not completely take over. 

use some of your income to pay for the rest of your food. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN