Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wondering what our baby is going to look like...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM
  • 65 Replies

We have such a wide array of possibilities. I am just dying to know. I wonder about it every day.  I am white and my SO is Mexican and black.  All of my boys are brown haired and have from a gray to blue eyes.  The youngest had very blonde hair when he was little.  My SO's kids look very different. His daughter just looks Hispanic with dark hair and eyes and medium skin.  His son has very green eyes with this kind of sandy dark blonde hair.  He had very blonde hair as a little guy.

I am thinking our baby will have darker skin with lighter eyes and dark brown hair.  So, I am sure we will have the opposite of whatever I expect.

His kids:

My younger boys:

(4th son with funny face, but shows my kids' eye color)

Not a good pic of me, but this is my 3rd and 4th son.

The older one is my 2nd son when he was younger holding son #4

My oldest son holding son #4 when he was young (He is the one with the solid dark grey eyes)

SO and I:

(kind of blurry and we have a ghost guy in the background)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Is your husband the biological father of your oldest kids?
Either way, I think you will have a beautidul olive skin baby boy.

BShip2010
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

You two look like such a happy couple!!  I think you will have a beautiful baby!

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

No, my first 4 kids were with my ex.  My fiance and I do not have any bio kids together until this one is born. That is why I am so curious.  His kids were with a white woman, so I guess the baby will look more like his kids, but his two look very different in their coloring of eyes, hair and skin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Either way, I think you will have a beautidul olive skin baby boy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I just now read your post all the way through.

My bff has a bi-racial baby, and she looks similar to your hubby's son. Only thing is she has the curly hair but her skin is amazing. She looks like a little Tyra Banks or Beyonce. :)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

No, my first 4 kids were with my ex.  My fiance and I do not have any bio kids together until this one is born. That is why I am so curious.  His kids were with a white woman, so I guess the baby will look more like his kids, but his two look very different in their coloring of eyes, hair and skin.

Quoting Anonymous:

Either way, I think you will have a beautiful olive skin baby boy.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
You're probably going to have a random baby that just looks 100% black. Then you'd have a full set lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Thanks!  :)  I sure hope he is cute. Who wants an ugly baby?  lol...j/k

Well, we both know we have recessive genes for light colored eyes, so it is a possibility.  We both have recessive genes for light hair, so that is a possibility.  But, the darker colors are dominant. It is like playing the lotto!!  :)

Quoting BShip2010:

You two look like such a happy couple!!  I think you will have a beautiful baby!

CrouseMommi
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Ahhhh thats scary! ( The ghost in the background)

TrouserMouse
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Lol, I keep telling him that if I pop out a 100% white or black looking baby that he better not even look at me funny.

Quoting msjaxon:

You're probably going to have a random baby that just looks 100% black. Then you'd have a full set lol

Xanbuttsmom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

This is ds. Im mixed black and white and DF is Mexican.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I remember Winston the same thing about my son. My husband is black white and Native American. I'm Irish lol. Our son looks like a little German baby blue eyes blonde hair and white. I'm excited to see what genes our next one will get :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)