Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I kinda feel bad for pedophiles...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 495 Replies
8 moms liked this

Well, potential pedophiles that is. That sympathy tends to fade once a child has actually been brought into the equation. I feel bad for those pedophiles who realize their urges and fantasies do not mesh with societies morals yet have no where to turn.  I truly believe many pedophiles are born sexually attracted to children. Much as I'm attracted to men or homosexuals are attracted to same sex partners. 

I did a quick google search for programs that assist PP with therapy, much as any potential pedophile who was seeking help would do, and I found nothing. Every single link I went through was either a article telling parents to be cautions and look for signs or was a program for pedophiles after the fact. I find that to be so disheartening. What about those who really do want to get help before they hurt a child? They really have no where to turn other than tradition therapy, which can be extremely expensive and may not be capable of treating them.

I did find one program in Germany by the name of Prevention of unrecorded sexual child abuse. They take only PP with no records of sexual child abuse and are not under surveillance. I find it sad that America does not have a similar program, or at least one that is easily found. This is especially frightening when you consider the fact that 1 out  of every 4 girls and 1 out of ever 6 boys has been sexually abused. 

So my question is, why don't we do more to help potential pedophiles. Why do we as a society shun them like criminals instead of providing an environment where they feel safe and have the tools to get the help they need before it's too late. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM
39 moms liked this
Not the same. They know better than to ACT upon their sick fantasies. I want a million dollars, but i know its wrong to rob a bank...so i don't. I don't need therapy to figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM
12 moms liked this
I doubt many pedophiles go looking for help. They think they are normal. It is sick that you compare them to gays its nowhere near the same.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Here are my refreances 

-http://facts.randomhistory.com/child-sexual-abuse-facts.html *First fact*

-http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8144110/ns/world_news/t/doctors-seek-pedophiles-they-strike/#.UOCfaDBki1w 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM

ok i have no comment on your post at all, just have a question about your siggy... it said u didnt learn spelling or grammar in school. really?  thats so sad, where did u go to school?  im not being rude or mean, just... wondering..

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Here are my refreances 

-http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8144110/ns/world_news/t/doctors-seek-pedophiles-they-strike/#.UOCfaDBki1w 

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM
5 moms liked this

What! Reading this infuriates me. Do you know what it's like to have one aspect of your life control you entirely? I do, it may not being attraction to children but my demons control every aspect of my life. At least my problems are common and I have the money and tools to help treat mine, but many PPs dont.

I think you should read this. It's really eye opening. 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Not the same. They know better than to ACT upon their sick fantasies. I want a million dollars, but i know its wrong to rob a bank...so i don't. I don't need therapy to figure it out.

FL2AK
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM
There are therapists who specialize in therapy for sex offenders and pedophiles. There are also groups for therapy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I went to an elementary school where I was bullied relentlessly. I was unable to learn because of it. Once the bullying stopped in middle school, I was still never able to learn the things I was supposed to learn in my earlier grades. I was simply passed along. 

Quoting aphrodite7400:

ok i have no comment on your post at all, just have a question about your siggy... it said u didnt learn spelling or grammar in school. really?  thats so sad, where did u go to school?  im not being rude or mean, just... wondering..

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Here are my refreances 

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM
12 moms liked this

well it infuriates me you compare a pedophile to a gay person.

ETA: I KNOW she is not JUST talking about gay people. I have elaborated more on that throughtout replies. Please, stop commenting on tht part.

I should add, if we are all hardwired, how come heteros and homos choose male or female? How is it the pedophile is hardwired for age? Odd, no? And another, NO TOOL or therapy is going to change someones sexual preference. So, if THEY are also hardwired for their preference (VOMIT) nothing is going to change it. As for those saying therpy could givev tools to make them NOT give in to their sick and twisted urges, I HAVE to call bullshit! If knowing that acting out on your perveted fetish will destroy a child mentally and possibly physically is not tool enough to make you not, then NOTHING will deter them. Nothing.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

What! Reading this infuriates me. Do you know what it's like to have one aspect of your life control you entirely? I do, it may not being attraction to children but my demons control every aspect of my life. At least my problems are common and I have the money and tools to help treat mine, but many PPs dont.

I think you should read this. It's really eye opening. 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM
9 moms liked this
I may want to eat only chocolate every day bit I don't. Why? Because I know its not healthy and don't act on my chocolate addiction urges. There is a difference and clear choice they make. They get no sympathy from me. They choose to molest so there is no excuse. I think repeats should be castrated as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2annaliese
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:26 PM
12 moms liked this
I agree. No sympathy for pedophiles from me, an those who hurt children, including sexually abusing them deserve the death penalty IMO. That's my honest feeling on it.

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured