Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ugh MIL

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM
  • 89 Replies
My mil has this irritating habit of picking up the baby when I've asked her not to.
Like when I'm trying to get something done and the baby is in her playpen or her walker or high chair, I'm doing laundry/dishes/floors or whatever, I'll say "please don't pick her up, she is not crying and is fine where she is. When I'm done doing this you can get her".
The reason this pisses me off so much is because she will pick her up anyway, mess with her for 10 minutes till she's crying and then hand her to me.
I'm just like, really?!!

She comes over EVERY DAY and does this. No joke. Every single day. She doesn't have any respect for my wishes as a mother in regards to my children.

And hubby acts like I'm the one in the wrong, but then throws a fit when the housework isn't done. Yeah, well if your mom would leave the baby alone I could get more done.

Grrrrrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Don't let her come over everyday..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:34 PM
She has a freaking key.
-.-

She just shows up unnannounced, lets herself in. Then makes a mess in my kitchen, pisses off my kids and leaves. She thinks its cute

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I agree- my mother tells me it is impossible for her as a grandparent not to spoil, even when it drives me insane and I ask her not to. So I limit the possible spoiling times to when it is tolerable for me.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Wish I could. Dh gave her a key.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree- my mother tells me it is impossible for her as a grandparent not to spoil, even when it drives me insane and I ask her not to. So I limit the possible spoiling times to when it is tolerable for me.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Ha I'd be pitting a chair against the door. Or just TELL her she's not welcome everyday.. and take the key back.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

She has a freaking key.

-.-

She just shows up unnannounced, lets herself in. Then makes a mess in my kitchen, pisses off my kids and leaves. She thinks its cute

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:36 PM
2 moms liked this

huggingUr mil sounds like my mil and my husband well he doesn't think his mom doesn't do anything wrong. I would tell your mil to give you some respect in your house and only pick up the baby when the baby is crying or u ask her too but most she could help u around the house most when she comes over. I remeber when I had my first child every move my son made my mil went over to look and I kept telling her to leave him alone becuase he is trying to sleep and doesn't need to be waking up my husband would say it's fine i would say ok if he gets up you can put him back to sleep. My mil is always doing things she should not be doing and no matter what i say it goes in one ear and out the other but not this time around this time i'm putting my foot down and telling off her when she doesn't some thing i don't want her doing.

supermomz25
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

tell your hubby to take away her key privileges, if she can't and won't respect you. his mom or not, he should be standing up for you.

702girly
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Your husband throws a fit because housework isn't done?

I can't help here. I can't even imagine that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Wow, that sucks. I can't imagine. I'm sorry!!

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Wish I could. Dh gave her a key.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be taking that key away and demand she call before coming over to see if its a good time. Put your foot down to her and hubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)