Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did i not know this about my own daughter?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies

so my dd has been with her (soon to be) dh for 5 years they have a one year old and yadda yadda yadda, well one of the women i worked with checked my dd's facebook to get christmas pictures for me, and instead she found a link to a blog post about how my dd and her df first met, what happened after that ect.

this is a quote from the blog

"i told him that if he wanted to date me he had to quit doing drugs,drinking,and smoking.....it only took a week for him to quit before he started after me again"

now while i love and accept my dd's df, i never knew this at all....and im slightly dissappointed that she never told me.....and that she even considered going out with someone who did drugs....idk reading that kind of ruined my whole day

this is the whole passage where that quote was taken from

"i was 15, had just moved to my moms,and registered for the nearest school. the day i started there i saw him sitting by himself looking sick so i walked over to him and asked if he wanted me to take him to the nurse or walk him home or something. he just looked at me and said no that he would be fine after he drank what was in the old water bottle, his breath wreaked like my dads drinks so i knew he wasnt drinking water, so i handed him my water and told him to drink that instead of what was in his bottle. i then walked away and bought him a bagel, handed it to him and walked away again to try to find my class.

a couple days later he walks up to me and thanks me and asked if i had any friends at the school yet, i said no so he sat with me. he jokingly grabbed my comic book i was reading and said "how the hell do you read this? its backwards?!" i showed him how and we talked the rest of lunch, then he showed me where my class was and went to his own class. during my class after lunch i managed to slice my finger open (yay science class) so i started walking up to the nurse, i see him sitting with a bunch of people smoking whatever, it smelled horrible, not like weed since iv smelled it before. he looked up at me and i just kept walking,got a bandaid and started walking back to class, i saw him puking in the trash can and his "friends" laughing at him. the next day he finds me before school and asks me to go out with him later that night i told him "if you want to date me you have to quit doing drugs, drinking, and smoking" he looks at me with his eyes wide and says "deal, when i come to school next week on friday will you go to LA with me" i smiled and said "if you come to school next week clean ill go to LA with you" so he got clean,and he came to school while having withdrawls that next friday, we never went to LA. i just took him home and made sure he was comfortable until his brother got home, we've been dating ever since"

ETA:dont get me wrong im very proud of her, idk what made me upset because i mean i would have been extremely proud of her if she told me what was really going on those first 2 weeks of school instead of telling me "oh i just got lunch and read a book" or "i got lunch and hung out in the choir/drama room"

she got good grades,was an honor student, and if i knew this i wouldnt have gotten mad at her for ditching school that one time to take him home beecause he was having withdrawls, or i wouldnt have gotten mad when she spent extra money to buy him something when he was feeling sick

i honestly think i was just dissappointed in myself for the way i acted to her when she did these things

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM
6 moms liked this
She probably didnt tell you because its not something she wants to hear her mom talk about. I dont tell my mom that stuff sometimes for that reason. She nags
LectioDivina
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
7 moms liked this

Becuase you would judge him for it?

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM
7 moms liked this

I wouldn't tell my mom that either. If he's drug free now, don't let it bug you. What's past is past.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM
3 moms liked this

She didn't tell you because she knew how you would react.............

swmmra
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM
16 moms liked this

yes, she considered going out with someone that was using, but she didn't. She told him that he had to be clean to be with her, and he chose to get clean. You should be proud of her for helping to get a person clean and sober and on a better path. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

I wouldn't tell my mom that either. If he's drug free now, don't let it bug you. What's past is past.

he can relapse really easy esspecially since he's part time in a store that sells hard luiqor (50%-89% alchohol)

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
How is that even any of your business? Be happy that shes smart enough to make him clean up his act.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quoting swmmra:

yes, she considered going out with someone that was using, but she didn't. She told him that he had to be clean to be with her, and he chose to get clean. You should be proud of her for helping to get a person clean and sober and on a better path. 

i am proud of her because of that but i dont know why she would ever consider him in the first place

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
At least you know she wasnt doing drugs or drinking. Truthfully it was none of your business anyway. Dd is old enough to choose her man on her own.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM
5 moms liked this

They have married 5 YEARS. Have some confidence in the man.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KairisMama:

he can relapse really easy esspecially since he's part time in a store that sells hard luiqor (50%-89% alchohol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN