Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (1281-1290):
lazycamper
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Nothing in life is harmless, my dear. You can OD on water.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Where do you live?

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Randi02:

"I am in Canada, and we don't vaccinate for Hep B until 5th grade.

We do not have outrageously high Hep B rates because our newborns are not inoculated for it at birth."

Yeah, and babies aren't dropping dead from being vaccinated against either. In fact, more babies die from Hep B than the Hep B vaccine. It's just that not all of them die as babies. And educate yourself on epidemiology. Just because perinatal transmission may not be an issue in Canada it doesn't mean that it's the same worldwide. Here we also don't give the Hep B to newborns, but it doesn't mean it's not a good move in other countries.
Oh and you may want to check your facts. Hep B is an important health issue in Canada as well

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/id-mi/hepatitisBCan-hepatiteBCan-eng.php

It has been decreasing thanks to, what do you know? Vaccines...

mama_of_two87
by on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Hep b is given in the hospital before you take baby home after birth- if this pic is actually a hep b vacc reaction.... And I feel thats even worse, they ahould have been able to get epi in quick enough to save the poor baby....

Quoting Anonymous:

looks like they took too long to get to the hospital!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

THAT baby is named IAN and if you are going to use his photo publicly to SHAME parents then at least post his information and don't be an asshole. He's not some NAMELESS baby

http://www.iansvoice.org/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I have read Ian's story many times and have not read that. He was given the heb b vaccine while he had a fever of 100° and reacted with in 24 hours. You do NOT vaccinate a person with a fever. It comes down to the fact the doctors wanted him vaccinated before he was released to go home. He was vaccinated on his 5 day out of the womb and had a severe reaction which cause him to suffer tremendously.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup & it was NOT the vaccine that killed the poor baby, he was given meds he was allergic to.  That is what killed him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Look up Ian's voice this is real.

Quoting Anonymous:

1.  Would like to see proof that the picture matches the caption so to speak.  I swear I've seen this picture before with a different explanation. I would personally need way more proof before I worried about it in the least.  Of course I feel whatever happened, whether a vaccine reaction or something else, to this baby is tragic...but that doesn't mean it will change my outlook. 

2.  The chances of adverse reactions are slim.  The chances of fatal reactions are even slimmer.  The chances of getting in a car accident are way bigger than either one for example. 

3. There are risks in everything we do.  Weight the pros & cons and make the best choice you can. I'm still going to vaccinate my children according to the recommendations (and I'm still going to drive a car too).

4. Read up on the recent measles outbreak in the UK.  1200+ people with measles (and probably continuing to go up, though I haven't checked).  Just because something isn't common, doesn't mean people shouldn't vaccinate.  It's not common BECUASE vaccination IS common.  The more people that don't vaccinate because of rare side affects or better yet fear tactics and conspiracy theories, the more will be affected by diseases that shouldn't be a problem anymore.   

housewifehell
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I find it sad that people find this to be an "acceptable risk" because its not their child.  Sorry but Hep B isnt something that an infant should be vaxed for. The likely hood of them contracting Hep B is so incredibly low that it shouldn't be a concern but people have been taught to think that ANY vax is a good thing.  My Grandma used to say "People who follow the heard mentality will be those lead to the slaughter" lol. So go ahead vax against something you dont understand because you are told to just because the government says its a good idea enjoy being sheeple and harming your children by loading them with harmful toxic chemicals rather than allow nature to take its course by not vaxing.

AwesomeMom222
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Yeah well his name is Ian and his parents blog, which includes this picture posted here, can be found at www.iansvoice.org

Quoting lesliemck86:

I've seen this photo on Facebook for a completely unrelated condition.....

AwesomeMom222
by Member on Aug. 26, 2013 at 7:21 AM
How can you sit there and judge these people for making big pharma pay for being responsible for killing their child? Seriously? Get a life!

Quoting Anonymous:

you're baby dies and you decide to put a price on his life. give us lots of money to make us happy.
sounds about right...

people can be allergic to ANYTHING, accidents do happen, its unfortunate, but they do happen
vaccines do more good than bad, sure its prob not a perfect science yet, some kids will have adverse effects. but the good outweighs the bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

My baby was healthy and died within minutes of getting the hep b vaccination.  We were paid a large sum of money and I have found they pay our milions each year because of vaccine injuries because so many are harmed or killed.  How many kids have actually died from hep b?

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading the website, sounds like he was not a healthy baby to begin with, you can't blame a vaccine for everything that happened. He was already sick

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 26, 2013 at 1:57 PM

it just seems silly, if the money was to pay for the medical bills and funeral costs, thats one thing.

but money doesnt bring the baby back.. no one knew the baby would have that type of reaction, if anything id be more upset about the doctor giving my baby antibiotics that he was aware my child had an allergy to

thats like suing skippy if your kid died from eating peanut butter

Quoting AwesomeMom222:

How can you sit there and judge these people for making big pharma pay for being responsible for killing their child? Seriously? Get a life!

Quoting Anonymous:

you're baby dies and you decide to put a price on his life. give us lots of money to make us happy.
sounds about right...

people can be allergic to ANYTHING, accidents do happen, its unfortunate, but they do happen
vaccines do more good than bad, sure its prob not a perfect science yet, some kids will have adverse effects. but the good outweighs the bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

My baby was healthy and died within minutes of getting the hep b vaccination.  We were paid a large sum of money and I have found they pay our milions each year because of vaccine injuries because so many are harmed or killed.  How many kids have actually died from hep b?

Quoting Anonymous:

Reading the website, sounds like he was not a healthy baby to begin with, you can't blame a vaccine for everything that happened. He was already sick

MKozmik
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM

So sad. and so sorry. This was also the condition of my daughter, just before she passed. But she we believe was allergic to Morphine. Was a twin, born 30 wekks gestation, breathing fine, moving fine...suddenly the next day on a ventilator. Very long story, and so sorry for the family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)