Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (1311-1316):
JessMomOf9
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Thats awful. But all of my kids have been vaccinated and they're fine
schatzi869
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I have never (nor have my dh and child) been asked to sit in a waiting room after getting vaccinated, and neither have my sisters or their kids.

Quoting CABZS: Um who said harmless? They always tell you about possible reactions. This is why out Dr has you sit in the waiting area for 30-45min after receiving a vaccine.

You can have a reaction to many things, I found out this year I am allergic to drugs with Sulfa in if. Not fun. So what is your point?
momof2girls220
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 6:55 PM
This bullshit again?
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I do not know why someone felt the need to bump this post yet again, gets tiring being quoted w/the same thing over and over again.  I should ignore but I'm bored right now.

Anyway, I used the word "OUR" for a reason.  Our Dr, not every Dr our's.  We also have a separate waiting area for those who are sick.  Our first Ped didn't ask us to wait either, however, gave us a complete run down of what to look for.  Now once we move again if our Dr doesn't recommend it we will wait in the car for 30min bc I understand the need for waiting and think it is smart.

Quoting schatzi869: I have never (nor have my dh and child) been asked to sit in a waiting room after getting vaccinated, and neither have my sisters or their kids.
Quoting CABZS: Um who said harmless? They always tell you about possible reactions. This is why out Dr has you sit in the waiting area for 30-45min after receiving a vaccine. You can have a reaction to many things, I found out this year I am allergic to drugs with Sulfa in if. Not fun. So what is your point?

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I'm not reading 130 pages to see whether or not you responded. My comment didn't require that you respond anyway as I simply said that WE have never had to sit for half an hour after vaccinations. Sorry you're bored though, lol.

Quoting CABZS:

I do not know why someone felt the need to bump this post yet again, gets tiring being quoted w/the same thing over and over again.  I should ignore but I'm bored right now.

Anyway, I used the word "OUR" for a reason.  Our Dr, not every Dr our's.  We also have a separate waiting area for those who are sick.  Our first Ped didn't ask us to wait either, however, gave us a complete run down of what to look for.  Now once we move again if our Dr doesn't recommend it we will wait in the car for 30min bc I understand the need for waiting and think it is smart.

Quoting schatzi869: I have never (nor have my dh and child) been asked to sit in a waiting room after getting vaccinated, and neither have my sisters or their kids.
Quoting CABZS: Um who said harmless? They always tell you about possible reactions. This is why out Dr has you sit in the waiting area for 30-45min after receiving a vaccine. You can have a reaction to many things, I found out this year I am allergic to drugs with Sulfa in if. Not fun. So what is your point?

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Then what was your point? There isn't one.  Who cares that your Dr doesn't, I didn't say anything about any other Drs.

Anyway, kids are home now so I'm off. No longer bored :)

Quoting schatzi869: I'm not reading 130 pages to see whether or not you responded. My comment didn't require that you respond anyway as I simply said that WE have never had to sit for half an hour after vaccinations. Sorry you're bored though, lol.
Quoting CABZS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)