Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (221-230):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I have taken it upon myself to be informed/researched/educated.  

Quoting CABZS:

Well good for you, still sounds like you aren't getting all the information but whatever.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Lol, I obviously found a different doctor.

Quoting CABZS:

I'm sorry I highly doubt that.

There is a reason you are told they can cause fevers for one.

You are typically given reading information about vaccines as well.

Also, it is your job as well to ask questions and become informed. But if your Dr is in fact not providing the information I would find a new Dr.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

I was never once informed by a medical professional.

Quoting CABZS:

Ok, not all Drs do but people are always informed there are possible risks.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

When I was vaccinating my daughter, they never once asked or instructed us to stay for a single second.

Quoting CABZS:

Um who said harmless? They always tell you about possible reactions. This is why out Dr has you sit in the waiting area for 30-45min after receiving a vaccine.

You can have a reaction to many things, I found out this year I am allergic to drugs with Sulfa in if. Not fun. So what is your point?

With light and love

Megan214
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Poor thing. :( While it is sad it doesn't mean every child will have that reaction. Not everyone is allergic to bees or peanut butter. Some people are allergic to trees and cats. We don't get rid of everything that could possibly cause a reaction because then there would be nothing left. Infant death has declined since the use of vaccines and I will continue to insist my children get them.
Megan214
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Poor thing. :( While it is sad it doesn't mean every child will have that reaction. Not everyone is allergic to bees or peanut butter. Some people are allergic to trees and cats. We don't get rid of everything that could possibly cause a reaction because then there would be nothing left. Infant death has declined since the use of vaccines and I will continue to insist my children get them.
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Well I am certainly not lieing i have no reason to lie about it , i dont really care if someone vaxes or not . I am just saying Walking into a school and saying oh im not vaxing for philisophical reasons and them going along with it without saying anything is BS. ALL of the schools in San Antonio post that saying right before the school year and i witnessed it happen in Houston , I bartend in Houston now and i have talked to a few different moms that are telling me they will not let them in.  I never said what the law is or is not i am saying what the schools ARE doing /saying.  I am saying it seems like an awful lot of head ache to go fight over vaccinating a child i have a theory as to why some dont want to vaccinate and it has nothing to do with their child's health. 

Quoting banana-bear:

Then the parent is at fault for not getting proper documentation in time. Still does not change the law.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

This is the article i read , i notice at the end it SAIS you can get an exemption but i have witnessed mother's sent to get shots bc the RN told them they cannot attend without shots. I also know a little boy that missed halk of his K year bc he had to catch up on shots

http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/northwest/news/article/NISD-enforcing-No-Shots-No-School-778472.php

Quoting banana-bear:

Untrue. It is insanely easy to exempt from vaccines here in Texas. I've done it for myself and my children.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

That's nice ,  where do you live ? I have talked to and seen with my own 2 eyes moms being told no shots no school here in TX. I know of one little boy that missed half of his kindergrten year for no shots ! I also bartend and have heard from many moms the same story they wanted to fill out a form but there is no form no shots no school. 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Wow, quite an attitude.  I don't vax for philosophical standing and our school district fully recognizes it.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I think that is a rare reaction, both of mine are vaxed and nothing ever happened to them THANK GOD! So for my kids they are absolutley the best choice ! Besides fyi that whole im not vaxxing for philisophical reasons bs does not fly the rule here is no shots no school. I have seen about 4 moms try to pull that card and guess what their kids are now getting vaxed bc they have to go to school, if they don't go to school you go to jail. So anyone with babies planning to do it better really look into it before just showing up thinking ur going to waltz in there and tell them that . 

Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

she is 57, the polio caused her to walk with a severe limp and that limp wore down the tissue in her knees and hips, she had hip surgery and had to wait for the knee surgery. all from a tiny little bug that in this day and age is completely preventable.

Quoting ripemango:

Sad that she is still having to deal w repercussions of something she contracted as a child :(

Quoting Irenesmommy:

my aunt still has severe issues and has had multiple surgeries due to polio, she just recently needed knee surgery. When I was a kid the scariest thing I got was scarlet fever. Freaked my mother out because she had a friend in school who did die from scarlet fever. 

Quoting ripemango:

I agree w you completely, Irene. My Mom is 65. Her best friend walks w a limp bc she contracted polio as a very young child. I think people really do not comprehend how good we have it.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

exactly, my aunt survived polio, barely, my mother survived mumps and whooping cough, barely, my uncle died at the age of eight from polio. Just two generations ago people were dying of these diseases, it's the new generations lucky enough to grow up in an age of medical "miracles" that want to scoff and cry foul about conspiracies and the big pharma agenda.

Quoting ripemango:

Hyped doesn't even begin to describe it. The most recent generations have not seen 1st hand the devastation caused by rampant disease. Dr. Jonas Salk invented the polio vaccine and rightly so, was hailed as a hero of the time. He had seen tens of thousands of children maimed for life. Having a child just less than 100 yrs ago meant constantly worrying about contracting polio. He didn't even patent the vaccine so that it would be freely distributed to all. He is a big hero of mine and someone I truly admire. He inspires me w where I want my research to lead and how I would like it to impact humanity.

Quoting Irenesmommy:

I often wonder if some crazy outbreak of some rare flu that could kill a significant amount of the population were to break out, and it took months to find a vaccine for it. If I survived I would be getting the vaccine as well as my kid. I'm betting that people were also hyped up to get the polio vax, the vax for bubonic plague. Everyone is so complacent that they feel they can reject the current medical breakthroughs until that one disease rears it's ugly head then all of a sudden medicine is a miracle.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

perhaps you better be prepared to pay to a high powered attourney too, bc i gaurantee you the school/state whichever is going to have a team of really good ones. 

Quoting banana-bear:

Then perhaps legal action needs to be threatened.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Well i guess the school is not following the law , bc i have witnessed a school RN say no shots no school. I know it may be the law that does not mean it is being followed . 

Quoting banana-bear:

The school is required BY LAW to allow the children to enroll. The parents just need to get an exemption form notarized.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

That is nice , but the school wont go along with it , i went with my sister this past August to register my nephew for K and i seen the school RN tell 2 different moms no shots no school, one asked she about the form she said no form only for religous purposes peroiod that is it , no shots no school and sent the pissed off mama on her way to get shots that they were giving for free that day. I seen it with my own eyes post whatever you like , I SEEN IT HAPPEN! Also on the big announcement boards right before school starts they are posting NO SHOTS NO SCHOOL on them , so the website can say whatever it likes ,im going to go with it may be a law but schools are not following it

Quoting Lunarprancer:

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx

Im in Ohio, Texas has all three as well.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

That's nice ,  where do you live ? I have talked to and seen with my own 2 eyes moms being told no shots no school here in TX. I know of one little boy that missed half of his kindergrten year for no shots ! I also bartend and have heard from many moms the same story they wanted to fill out a form but there is no form no shots no school. 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Wow, quite an attitude.  I don't vax for philosophical standing and our school district fully recognizes it.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I think that is a rare reaction, both of mine are vaxed and nothing ever happened to them THANK GOD! So for my kids they are absolutley the best choice ! Besides fyi that whole im not vaxxing for philisophical reasons bs does not fly the rule here is no shots no school. I have seen about 4 moms try to pull that card and guess what their kids are now getting vaxed bc they have to go to school, if they don't go to school you go to jail. So anyone with babies planning to do it better really look into it before just showing up thinking ur going to waltz in there and tell them that . 

Youngmother456
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM
1. Do not call me sweetie
2. I never said you said that I didn't, I said you questioned it. Which you did when you said "if you truly love..."
3. I did research
4. I did research through the vaccination information center
5. I STILL came to the conclusion the vaccinating MY child was what was best
6. I did know the risks and I paid close attention to my child for days after each vaccine to catch any bad reaction ASAP

Quoting AwesomeMom222:

Okay sweetie I NEVER said you don't love your kids. I'm sure you do as most of us mothers in our right minds love our kids and would give our lives for our kids. All I am saying is first of all I'm new to this site and was trying to post the picture to a different post originating from someone else and ended up posting it by itself, is why there is the picture by itself. And all I'm saying is please do the research with an open mind. Not just the research you agree with. Research the facts even if you don't agree with them. There's a wealth of information available and everything I have ever found out is the vaccines are more harmful than beneficial. Check out V.I.N.E. vaccine information network. There are pediatrician's that are on the VINE board. Please just check it out. I love all children and just want the best for them. I'm sure you as a mother at least agree with me on that.

Quoting Youngmother456:

I have and how dare you question my love for my son! I never questioned your love for your child or children. I didn't even question the legitimacy of your research and yet you minimize mine. I just said this is a post to make people afraid and that is exactly what it is! If you were posting to educate you would have included some of your research instead of just a picture to trigger an emotional response.

Quoting AwesomeMom222:

I'm not fear mongering. You do your research. I have been researching vaccines probably longer than you've been alive. They are causing more problems than solutions. But in the end if you want to do that to your kids than go ahead. But if you truly love them and want what's best for them than do some open minded research.

Quoting Youngmother456:

I was vaccinated back when they still had mercury in them. So were my 6 siblings and my parents. My son was vaccinated too and nothing happened. Should I post a pic of all of us and say see vaccines are harmless?

This post is ridiculous and is trying to use fear to push an agenda instead of using facts and statistics.

If you decide that vaccines are too risky, that is your right but that doesn't mean that people who do vaccinate are not looking at the same facts. I looked everything up and decided that the risk was smaller then the risk of getting the fatal diseases that vaccines protect against.

Yes some people who vaccinate do not read any of the papers but there are people who don't who rely on blogs for evidence and conspiracy theories.

Ugh this annoys me. Using this poor infants reaction to push an anti-vax agenda annoys me.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

exactly. They also have stories of people who didn't get vaccinated and the horrid things that happened to them.  It's a very helpful, legitmate site.  No one who vaccinates believes they are 100% safe. You are given paperwork to read and sign prior about the possible risks and what the odds are that they will happen.

Quoting Youngmother456:

Yea. The CDC never said that they are 100% safe or harmless. The even have a list of possible reactions and how many people had that reaction.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

statistically low odds. I'll stick with the CDC recommendations.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Exactly. What bothers me is that people like you think it's ok to post pictures of SOMEONE ELSE'S DYING BABY all over the Internet. Smh, you make me sick OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

And some people die from eating peanut butter. What's your point?

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I am thinking , it's not just one RN but the schools in general.  Did you see the article ?

Quoting Anonymous:

yes it does.... an RN is NOT the law....furthermore, she has NO right misinforming parents by bullying them and getting HER way about the issue. Someone needs to take her down.

Quoting banana-bear:

Then perhaps legal action needs to be threatened.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Well i guess the school is not following the law , bc i have witnessed a school RN say no shots no school. I know it may be the law that does not mean it is being followed . 

Quoting banana-bear:

The school is required BY LAW to allow the children to enroll. The parents just need to get an exemption form notarized.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

That is nice , but the school wont go along with it , i went with my sister this past August to register my nephew for K and i seen the school RN tell 2 different moms no shots no school, one asked she about the form she said no form only for religous purposes peroiod that is it , no shots no school and sent the pissed off mama on her way to get shots that they were giving for free that day. I seen it with my own eyes post whatever you like , I SEEN IT HAPPEN! Also on the big announcement boards right before school starts they are posting NO SHOTS NO SCHOOL on them , so the website can say whatever it likes ,im going to go with it may be a law but schools are not following it

Quoting Lunarprancer:

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx

Im in Ohio, Texas has all three as well.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Quoting Irenesmommy:

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Irenesmommy:

exactly, my aunt survived polio, barely, my mother survived mumps and whooping cough, barely, my uncle died at the age of eight from polio. Just two generations ago people were dying of these diseases, it's the new generations lucky enough to grow up in an age of medical "miracles" that want to scoff and cry foul about conspiracies and the big pharma agenda.

Life's full of irony.

There have been deadly outbreaks of measles, influenza and smallpox throughout history. Millions dead. 90% of the population of America died of measles or smallpox. Can you imagine what they would've done if there had been a little shot that could've prevented that?

I guess we're very quick to take our blessings for granted.

so true, the medical geniuses who saw what was happening around them and wanted to stop it are literally being spit in the face. Pretty sure they didn't create the vaccines to make a quick buck, instead to help humanity as a whole.

I've even heard the argument that outbreaks and disease are probably nature ways of population control and maybe you shouldn't be messing with it... I wonder if those same people would sing the same song if it was their lives and their children's the ones being "purged" by Mother Nature...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)