Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (271-280):
banana-bear
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM
O.o

Wow, I'm done.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

OK once again, the law it there does not mean people are following it , does not mean when you(general) show up and just try to tell them oh im not vaxxing for whatever reason they will go along with it just bc .  I don't need to be informed my kids are vaxed it's not an issue for me i have seen it happen , i have spoke with mothers with children in Houston ISD tell me they had to vax !!

Quoting banana-bear:

If a parent has the laws printed out, they can easily deflect any harassment about not vaccinating from the school. It never comes to that though. Be informed - the school doesn't know as much as they think they do.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

perhaps you better be prepared to pay to a high powered attourney too, bc i gaurantee you the school/state whichever is going to have a team of really good ones. 

Quoting banana-bear:

Then perhaps legal action needs to be threatened.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Well i guess the school is not following the law , bc i have witnessed a school RN say no shots no school. I know it may be the law that does not mean it is being followed . 

Quoting banana-bear:

The school is required BY LAW to allow the children to enroll. The parents just need to get an exemption form notarized.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

That is nice , but the school wont go along with it , i went with my sister this past August to register my nephew for K and i seen the school RN tell 2 different moms no shots no school, one asked she about the form she said no form only for religous purposes peroiod that is it , no shots no school and sent the pissed off mama on her way to get shots that they were giving for free that day. I seen it with my own eyes post whatever you like , I SEEN IT HAPPEN! Also on the big announcement boards right before school starts they are posting NO SHOTS NO SCHOOL on them , so the website can say whatever it likes ,im going to go with it may be a law but schools are not following it

Quoting Lunarprancer:

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements.aspx

Im in Ohio, Texas has all three as well.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

That's nice ,  where do you live ? I have talked to and seen with my own 2 eyes moms being told no shots no school here in TX. I know of one little boy that missed half of his kindergrten year for no shots ! I also bartend and have heard from many moms the same story they wanted to fill out a form but there is no form no shots no school. 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Wow, quite an attitude.  I don't vax for philosophical standing and our school district fully recognizes it.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I think that is a rare reaction, both of mine are vaxed and nothing ever happened to them THANK GOD! So for my kids they are absolutley the best choice ! Besides fyi that whole im not vaxxing for philisophical reasons bs does not fly the rule here is no shots no school. I have seen about 4 moms try to pull that card and guess what their kids are now getting vaxed bc they have to go to school, if they don't go to school you go to jail. So anyone with babies planning to do it better really look into it before just showing up thinking ur going to waltz in there and tell them that . 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TommyAbby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I asked the same thing.. where is the source for this to prove her point?  How do we know it isn't a baby with cardio issues who had a reaction to a cardiac med?? 

Quoting sucker4myloves:

This. A picture you could have found on a fucked up google image search doesn't prove anything. Where are your stories/facts?

Let me add that I've never once heard a single person say that vaccines are 100% harmless. Derp.

Quoting Anonymous:

This picture is very disturbing. Did you get this from an article ? You suggest that this was caused by heb b vax, but don't give any details or resources to back it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like AwesomeMom isn't so awesome when she can't even back up her own story.. 

Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM

So one in thousands have a reactions and I am suppose to not vaccinate? Come on! People are allergic to many different things! My husband is deathly allergic to Morphin he found that out after being giving morphin after surgery but I still took my morphin just fine after my surgery!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Odds of this were 1 in 1.1MILLION!

Very unfortuante. I just read this baby's mother's blog. http://www.iansvoice.org/

He started with a compromised immune system when he received the vaccine. Amazing what a little digging will do rather than a scary photo.

smdh @ OP. Shame on you for using scare tactics. shame.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Quoting TommyAbby:

"I asked the same thing.. where is the source for this to prove her point? How do we know it isn't a baby with cardio issues who had a reaction to a cardiac med?? "

Well, the OP posted a link to the supposed blog of the baby's parents. Still not really proof, but it's likely that it is true.
But that blog does say that the baby was getting better until he was accidentally given an antibiotic he was allergic to. So there you go, the baby died from an allergic reaction, not the vaccine.
After this was pointed out OP mysteriously vanished...
rockinmomnwife
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:17 PM

So sad. Poor little baby.

LoveVenus
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Sad and true all at the same time.

Quoting Youngmother456:

It is very sad and my heart does go out to the family.

Quoting LoveVenus:

In every drug or vaccination that is given to us there are or can be possible reactions.Some people's immune system are different from others.Unfortunately,This baby had to suffer from one.

Quoting Youngmother456:

Yea. The CDC never said that they are 100% safe or harmless. The even have a list of possible reactions and how many people had that reaction.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

statistically low odds. I'll stick with the CDC recommendations.

jeannie39
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

That is awful! I feel horrible for this child's parents but there are risks with every vaccinations. Thousands of children get killed every year in cars but we still put our kids in them. Thousands of children are kidnapped from stores every year yet we take our kids there.  We put our kids in carseats  and watch them extra close in public, trying to protect them. My point, although dangers are everywhere, we still need to protect our children.

I know some parents don't believe in vaccinating their children but I do. I can not let a few cases of tragedy stop me from doing what I feel is in the best interest of my child. My dd had a bad reaction last year from her MMR shot (granted it wasn't close to fatal) but I still feel she needs the protection of vaccines.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I hate how they force this vax on newborns.  Hep B is a blood born virus.  You have to be exposed to the infected blood get it.  All most all the babies I know aren't sharing dirty needles with addicts so unless they've been exposed to it in utero, it is a 0 chance that they will contract it.  I've never been exposed to it and I'm 51.  Mommas, refuse this vax!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)