Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (281-290):
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I hate how they force this vax on newborns.  Hep B is a blood born virus.  You have to be exposed to the infected blood get it.  All most all the babies I know aren't sharing dirty needles with addicts so unless they've been exposed to it in utero, it is a 0 chance that they will contract it.  I've never been exposed to it and I'm 51.  Mommas, refuse this vax!

I can agree with delaying a vaccine that's not needed at the time. My boys actually has this vaccine at about 6 or 9 months, I don't remember exactly.
But to use that to say that ALL vaccines should be avoided is misleading. It's the tactic of a fanatic who lacks a healthy perspective of the issue.
katiew2012
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Such a sad story. But it has been pointed out the odds were outrageous that something like this would happen. And the deck was stacked against the baby from the beginning. Finally, as someone else pointed out, according to the blog, the baby was improving until the allergic reaction to the antibiotic.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:28 PM
No it's not. Google Ian's voice. His story is all over the Internet. He had a fatal, rare hep b reaction. He did not have cancer.

Quoting Anonymous:

Saw this same picture on Facebook about this same child had a rare form of cancer. It is bs!

Quoting Anonymous:

I saw the same thing!

Quoting keriley1:

Is there any backing or proof of this for this particular picture at least because I saw this same picture that said the baby had a rare form of cancer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
An infant or child that is around an individual with hep b would need the vac. My grandmom ( their great grandmom has hep b from a blood transfusion when she was younger so my kids are vaxed). So before you claim to know all about what vacs a child should get, realize there are always exceptions!

Quoting Aslen:

Hep b is a major health risk for healthcare workers. It's also an std.

An infant doesnt work in healthcare and they're not sexually active. Why do they need the Hep b vaccine?

They dont
Sierrarose99
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd like to respond to the vaccines being a dangerous thing. I had a friend who had a beautiful little 3 month old baby girl. Her mother decided not to get her vaccinated believing that her natural immunities would build up to ward off horrible diseases on their own. She took her baby down to the beach in Florida to take in the sun, do a little swimming, and some play time. A woman walked up to my friend and went on and on about how beautiful her baby was and asked if she could hold her just for a minute. My friend saw no harm in it, and handed her small baby over to the stranger. Ten days later; her beautiful, bright, precious little girl died from Meningitis. Another friend of mine told me a story about a school in Georgia where some of the parents refused to vaccinate their children because of religious beliefs. One of the children was exposed to the measles and those who were not vaccinated got very sick and some died. Though it is true that some children can react violently (even die) to vaccines, the risks are far greater to die from the actual diseases if they are not vaccinated. With modern science such as it is, I believe that all children should be tested before hand to make sure that they won't have a serious reaction to vaccines, and if they would have a severe reaction, then an alternative vaccine should be in place to protect that child safely. Statistically; millions of children are protected by these vaccines every year, almost illiminating the disease completely. Without vaccines; the diseases they are meant to protect us from, could potentially kill millions if we weren't vaccinated. Remember: Polio, Diptheria, Rubella?

littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

That could happen with anything. I can't keep my kids protected from every single thing no matter how hard I try. I personally feel that my kids are safer getting their vaccinations.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM
The initial reaction was caused by hep b. he was fine until he got the shot. It was a freak reaction and is definitely not the norm.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

wise up says he was given antibiotics he was allergic to, and took a turn for the worse.

so he did not die as a direct result of the hep b vaccine

Quoting levsenmommy:

Go to iansvoice.org or google "Baby Ian" and the Wise Up Journal should pop up.  (It won't let me post clicky for some reason.)  The cancer story would have been spam.  This is Baby Ian who had a reaction to a Hep B shot.

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

which is it? did this kid die of cancer or of a vaccine? cause i've seen this picture on fb under those "fb will cure this kid with every like" blah blah blah nonsense, and then i've seen anti vaxxers say it's due to a vaccine.
so which is it? cause until i find out which, i call bs on both stories

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Heartbreaking and tragic story. :(

However, there are plenty of children who didn't have any type of reaction, including a more horrendous one like the baby in the picture.

Anyone can have a reaction to just about anything, and this unfortunately includes infants and small children.

It pays to actually educate yourself on vaccines, pick and choose (if at all) those you feel you want for your child/ren and discard those you don't wish for your child to have at all.

No, as another Mom ignorantly suggested, those who have chosen to vaccinate are NOT "imbeciles." They simply made a choice just as I assume she has or will make choices not to vaccinate.

itzmyzoo
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Would you like me to post a picture of a child dying of hep b?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
levsenmommy
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is.  iansvoice.org

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

I seen that pic going around on fb. It's not even due to shots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured