Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (511-520):
Courtnut
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:46 AM
My daughter won't be vaccinated. Anything that has a risk of SIDS on the bottle cannot be good for you. Sure diseases she more than likely won't get aren't good either, which is why I am building her immune system. . Not harming it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Ok I understand the poor child had a reaction. Its tragic and sad. But, without vaccines MANY, MANY more children would die from the diseases that they protect us from. Just look at the resurgence of whooping cough and that is because the vaccine wasn't strong enough to last so now they kids 10 and older are suppose to get a whopping cough shot to protect them. If we didn't have vaccinations we would be dealing with hepatitis b, polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, shingles etc. I would take the risk of getting my child vaccinated since the likelihood of a reaction is very rare. (Yes I have kids and they are all up to date on all their vaccinations). More people are killed by cars, guns, and allergic reactions to foods then by a reaction to a vaccine so get over it I think it's horrible for that poor child's family to have that image spread all over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Are yoiu dong your own research or you going by what someone else says? I don't trust doctors as far as I can throw them. But to each their own.

Quoting MaineChapmans:

Is your doctor an MD? I mean a licensed pediatrician with a medical license?

Or is she a holistic doctor/healer?

I wish my daughters' Godmother were on this page. She's a PhD, pediatric nurse/professor, and she would be able to tell you a lot. Her PhD is based on science and education and working with doctors in hospitals in NYC. The "government" does not give her the degree. She's my advisor about which vaccines are OK to give--and she's straight up about which, in her opinion, are not worth the risk. There have been one or two. But that doesn't mean she condemns ALL of them.

That's the danger in all-or-nothing thinking. You have to find someone you can trust who can advise you. And if your pediatrician says NONE of them are safe, I'd find a new pediatrician.

Your pediatrician would be condemning my child to death from pertussis, due to my daughter's respiratory issues, should she ever contract whooping cough.

That, to my mind, makes your "doctor" irresponsible and downright dangerous.

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to find a reason that the government insists on harming our children, I know why he is autistic. There will never be proof because the government would never allow it, I have been researching, visiting doctors, therapists, reading books, but I will never ever trust the government and everything they say, and idiots who believe that whatever the government says is the GODS HONEST TRUTH, need to get real! My sons pediatricianis against vaccines, none of her children are vaccinated either, so if a doctor wont vaccinate I think that says something! Im just not dense enough to believe that the government is so wonderful and would never hide anything from us, thats just stupid!

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

"Is that all the comebacks you women can give, the whole covered in tin foil thing, I became a warrior mother when my son became autistic, so if it makes me crazy to want to help my child, to want to find a reason, to fight for my son, then yep, Im one crazy bitch!"

If you don't know what happened, why are you do sure it's vaccines when there's not a shed of proof?
If you truly want to learn the truth then the first thing you have to do is get rid of your prejudices instead of trying to hang on to them with ridiculous arguments like "the government forced him to say it was fake". Honestly, get real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:42 AM

LIE

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok I understand the poor child had a reaction. Its tragic and sad. But, without vaccines MANY, MANY more children would die from the diseases that they protect us from. Just look at the resurgence of whooping cough and that is because the vaccine wasn't strong enough to last so now they kids 10 and older are suppose to get a whopping cough shot to protect them. If we didn't have vaccinations we would be dealing with hepatitis b, polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, shingles etc. I would take the risk of getting my child vaccinated since the likelihood of a reaction is very rare. (Yes I have kids and they are all up to date on all their vaccinations). More people are killed by cars, guns, and allergic reactions to foods then by a reaction to a vaccine so get over it I think it's horrible for that poor child's family to have that image spread all over.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Yes, I still believe they are safe for my child.  The same way that being around a cat may be safe for you, but I have a massive, dangerous asthma attack.  Different bodies do different things.  No vaccine is 100% safe nor is it 100% dangerous.  We make the best informed decision for our own families that we can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Quoting CABZS:

Um who said harmless? They always tell you about possible reactions. This is why out Dr has you sit in the waiting area for 30-45min after receiving a vaccine.

You can have a reaction to many things, I found out this year I am allergic to drugs with Sulfa in if. Not fun. So what is your point?

Our doctor never has us wait after getting vaxed for anything. Nor have any doctors I have ever been to in any state, that goes for both pediatrician and non.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Every product has a warning label. That is why is says may cause SIDS. With medications (vaccines included) the FDA requires (during testing) any reaction (or supposed reaction) be reported. So, that is why they always have a HUGE list of "possible side effects" if during the trial phase someone has something happen (even if not concrete that is related) it has to be reported and then it is listed as a side effect. Now with vaccines if there is a death after someone getting one (even if not related-- if they can't prove the cause-----the CDC will list it as a possible reaction). Your likelihood of that happening is slim at best. So, if you want to put your child's life at risk due to your not knowing the facts then better hope they don't get sick. Are you gonna homeschool? Without vaccinations they can't attend public school in most areas (I know I wouldn't want them in my child's school). I understand building up their immunity but playing Russian roullet with their lives isn't the ways to do it.

Quoting Courtnut:

My daughter won't be vaccinated. Anything that has a risk of SIDS on the bottle cannot be good for you. Sure diseases she more than likely won't get aren't good either, which is why I am building her immune system. . Not harming it.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I said OUR Dr I didn't say every.

But you are still informed of possible reactions.

So again, I'm trying to figure out who said vaccines were 100% safe, absolutely not harmless? I have never heard this, unless a person is absolutely dense and doesn't listen to the Dr or doesn't educate themselves (which would be very scary).

Even with drugs, you are never told they are 100% safe, and you are always told of possible side effects.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting CABZS:

Um who said harmless? They always tell you about possible reactions. This is why out Dr has you sit in the waiting area for 30-45min after receiving a vaccine.

You can have a reaction to many things, I found out this year I am allergic to drugs with Sulfa in if. Not fun. So what is your point?

Our doctor never has us wait after getting vaxed for anything. Nor have any doctors I have ever been to in any state, that goes for both pediatrician and non.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Go back and read my posts, not one single time did I say vaccines are to blame for ALL illnesses. I stated what the MAN IN THE VIDEO claimed. That the companies injected people with these vaccines that they KNOWLINGLY cause cancer and other illnesses. I was just STATING to be more careful about what is injected into your body. If you choose to be careless, then that shits on you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Shouldnt you suit back up in your tinfoil garb and get back to your own post? You know, the one where vaccines are to blame for EVERY illness in existence...

Quoting Anonymous:

Where did I say don't vax?  My children have been vaccinated. We should be aware of and demand to know more about what is IN the vaccines is all I'm saying. And, as a result of the shit in the vaccines, they are knocking out one illness and creating 50 more. 

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

No you're a bitch for acting like anyone that does vaccinate is a moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why so? Because I don't trust the medical field and the shit they inject into our bodies? If that makes me a bitch, then so be it. 

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

And people like you are self righteous bitches

Quoting Anonymous:

Poor little baby :(  That couldn't POSSIBLY be from the heaven sent vaccines the medical field saves our lives with!  (Please note the sarcasm...not trying to be rude to you OP).  People who believe these vaccines do nothing to us are imbeciles. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:05 AM

People in my other post were claiming vaccines are harmless and don't cause reactions or side effects. What happened to this poor baby is just a small example. So yes, believeing the medical and food industries that pump what we ingest with chemicals and preservatives that our bodies are not meant to handle, yes are imbeciles. 

Quoting Melmac7819:

Quoting Anonymous:

Poor little baby :(  That couldn't POSSIBLY be from the heaven sent vaccines the medical field saves our lives with!  (Please note the sarcasm...not trying to be rude to you OP).  People who believe these vaccines do nothing to us are imbeciles. 

Obviously, you are ashamed of your opinion since you are anonymous. People who lump entire groups of people together are imbeciles. (That would be you.) :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)