Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This baby had a fatal reaction to a hepatitis b vaccine. Still think vaccines are harmless? *GRAPHIC PHOTO*

Posted by   + Show Post

This baby had a fatal allergic reaction to the hepatitis b vaccine.<br />
Still think they are harmless?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Replies (841-850):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM

No they are not 100% safe. Every Body is different. Breastfeeding is designed to protect babies when they are most fragile and by doing so, for the first few months of their lives, they don't NEED vaccinations as long as they are 100% breastfed.  SMH. Poor baby.

jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I never said sex was the only way it was transmitted. It's the most common and easiest way but not the only way. My point was it's not transmitted through every day contact and unless you have it yourself your infant is probably more likely to have a reaction to the vaccine than contract Hep B. I'm very capable of reading and comprehending but you quoted my post that had nothing do with that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And I wasn't saying whether it should or should not be given to infants. Comprehension is amazing when reading. I do believe I said I was refering to the comments of "hep be can only be transmitted through sex" not whether or not a child should receive the vax.

Quoting jjchick75:

You had to have it when entering health care because you could come in direct contact with a Hep B patient, including their blood and maybe even giving them a shot or taking their blood! My infant isn't going to playing around in anyones blood or giving anyone a shot or taking blood from anyone. I never said the shot shouldn't be given, I said it shouldn't be given to infants! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Which is why I had to have the vax to work in health care because its not that easily transmitted right? No you can't get it bY breathing the same air as a person who has it but its not just transmitted through sex like I've seen a couple of times in this post

Quoting jjchick75:

Quoting Oceana09:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Both my daughters had that vaccine....and nothing happened. MOST babies don't have this reaction and actually benefit from it. Just because this one didnt (as sad as it is), doesnt mean vaccines are bad. ANyone can die of anything at any time.

Children DO NOT need a shot for something that is sexually transmitted. Better yet just go put your head back into the sand and contiue to believe EVERYTHING  they tell you.

I don't know what happy little world you live in, but Hep B is not just transmitted through sex. It can be transmitted through blood and it can also be transmitted through saliva (thus why they tell people who smoke to never smoke off of another person's cigarette) and it can also be transmitted through needles (and I don't mean just drug needles either).

I don't know what world you live in but Hep B is not transmitted that easily. 

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/hepb-guide/hepatitis-b-topic-overview

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hepatitis-b/DS00398/DSECTION=causes

micheledo
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
This is an entirely different topic, but I think we need to re-evaluate what we say about breastfeeding. My newborn had pertussis this sumer and was exclusively breastfed.

I was vaccinated for it as a child but never had it. I am guessing I have no immunity to pass along to my children. :( My daughter, on the other hand, also caught it and should have those antibodies to pass on to her children one day!!!! It would be interesting to see a study done on vaxed and non-vaxed moms who breastfeed and their children's illnesses!

Quoting Anonymous:

No they are not 100% safe. Every Body is different. Breastfeeding is designed to protect babies when they are most fragile and by doing so, for the first few months of their lives, they don't NEED vaccinations as long as they are 100% breastfed.  SMH. Poor baby.

428pm
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

BEFORE formula was invented and BEFORE common vaccines were available children DIED frequently from childhood diseases we now vaccinate for.  

Vaccines SAVE lives.  Breastmilk is good for children, it is not a magical cure all for small pox, mumps, polio, chickenpox ect. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Actually you quoted me. I've been on my mobile for all my other replies and it has an automatic check mark in the anon box and I havent' figured out how to get it to stop doing that. Anyways, I quoted the lady that said she wasn't going to give her child a vax for a disease that's transmitted through sex.

Quoting jjchick75:

I never said sex was the only way it was transmitted. It's the most common and easiest way but not the only way. My point was it's not transmitted through every day contact and unless you have it yourself your infant is probably more likely to have a reaction to the vaccine than contract Hep B. I'm very capable of reading and comprehending but you quoted my post that had nothing do with that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

And I wasn't saying whether it should or should not be given to infants. Comprehension is amazing when reading. I do believe I said I was refering to the comments of "hep be can only be transmitted through sex" not whether or not a child should receive the vax.

Quoting jjchick75:

You had to have it when entering health care because you could come in direct contact with a Hep B patient, including their blood and maybe even giving them a shot or taking their blood! My infant isn't going to playing around in anyones blood or giving anyone a shot or taking blood from anyone. I never said the shot shouldn't be given, I said it shouldn't be given to infants! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Which is why I had to have the vax to work in health care because its not that easily transmitted right? No you can't get it bY breathing the same air as a person who has it but its not just transmitted through sex like I've seen a couple of times in this post

Quoting jjchick75:

Quoting Oceana09:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting StevieMarie:

Both my daughters had that vaccine....and nothing happened. MOST babies don't have this reaction and actually benefit from it. Just because this one didnt (as sad as it is), doesnt mean vaccines are bad. ANyone can die of anything at any time.

Children DO NOT need a shot for something that is sexually transmitted. Better yet just go put your head back into the sand and contiue to believe EVERYTHING  they tell you.

I don't know what happy little world you live in, but Hep B is not just transmitted through sex. It can be transmitted through blood and it can also be transmitted through saliva (thus why they tell people who smoke to never smoke off of another person's cigarette) and it can also be transmitted through needles (and I don't mean just drug needles either).

I don't know what world you live in but Hep B is not transmitted that easily. 

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/hepb-guide/hepatitis-b-topic-overview

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hepatitis-b/DS00398/DSECTION=causes

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM

yes, they did die. But at least it wasn't because someone poked them with a needle at 2 days old.

Quoting 428pm:

Thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

BEFORE formula was invented and BEFORE common vaccines were available children DIED frequently from childhood diseases we now vaccinate for.  

Vaccines SAVE lives.  Breastmilk is good for children, it is not a magical cure all for small pox, mumps, polio, chickenpox ect. 

Quoting Anonymous:

AwesomeMom222
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Its only in the post about a hundred times. Look up iansvoice.org this precious baby's parents set it up in memory of Ian to try to save lives

Quoting Kitsun:

Since its what every one pushes on here..where are your facts? Articles? All I'm seeing is a sad baby, don't know what actually happened to him /her though

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM
And I'm expected to read through an ass load of comments. yeah, right. The only thing I've seen about it, is that this baby had this reaction, but it wasn't to the vaccine

Quoting AwesomeMom222:

Its only in the post about a hundred times. Look up iansvoice.org this precious baby's parents set it up in memory of Ian to try to save lives

Quoting Kitsun:

Since its what every one pushes on here..where are your facts? Articles? All I'm seeing is a sad baby, don't know what actually happened to him /her though

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AwesomeMom222
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Its an allergic reaction to the hep b vaccine his name is Ian and his story is at iansvoice.org

Quoting Kitsun:

And I'm expected to read through an ass load of comments. yeah, right. The only thing I've seen about it, is that this baby had this reaction, but it wasn't to the vaccine

Quoting AwesomeMom222:

Quoting Kitsun:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

This picture has also been plastered across Facebook, only on Facebook it says that this baby has cancer.  Way to exploit a picture of a baby that you know nothing about. You win, oh wait no you don't.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured