Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Diaper Rash Help!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM
  • 27 Replies

My poor baby has diaper rash so bad it's blistering. I've tried Desinex and Vitamin E Oil. Butt Paste never works for him. Have I exhausted all my options?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Doctor. Might be a yeast infection
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Use a warm soft wash cloth, NO wipes. If you can, no diaper, lay baby on a towel or blanket to air out. Corn starch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelby212302
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Lotramin foot fungus cream, the pediatric suggested using it and it cleared up in a few hours. also air drying and baking soda soda bathes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-flynn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
You may need to see if it's a yeast infection. I had to make baby wipes for dd. We left her bare bottom when she had a yeast infection & used vaseline to create a barrier on her skin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kerannmer
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Equal parts coconut oil, beeswax, and calendula

MDWife12
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Apple cider vinegar diluted with distilled water - works like a charm. Just remember to dilute otherwise it will burn. Thats all i use for my lo diaper rash if he gets one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ledlovebug
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

BUMP!

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Monistat 7 works wonders on diaper rash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Get the purple bottle desitin. It's thick and forms like a barrier and if you can change diapers frequently it will start to heal. (From my experiences.) I found out that when my kids eat blueberries they get diaper rash. If I give them blueberries then I'm on the look out for the poop so I can change it immediately. Maybe something she has eaten has done that.

swmmra
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:11 PM

could be yeast, if it you need to go to dr. In the mean time, no more pastes, they just hold in the burn. Corn starch (just shake onto butt), and as much naked time as you can possibly handle. Also try to use a wash cloth to clean after a dirty diaper, not a wipe. There are checmicals in wipes that can irritate a diaper rash. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN