Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O: Why is it a crime

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
6 moms liked this
to be financially well-off, successful, generous with your children, or have any outward trappings of wealth? It seems that it brings out great animosity, jealous, hatred or accusations of trolling. I don't get it. Is this only a site for the poor amongst us?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HouseOfLove
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM

LOL

702girly
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM
4 moms liked this

It's not a crime. People on here are just really sensitive about money. It's annoying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM
Stir stir stir the pot
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM
4 moms liked this

It sure seems like it at times.

Then you get the defensive "well, not something I can relate to."  Fine, OK.  Food stamps, teenage pregnancy, fistfights, are not something I can relate to.

jillbailey26
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM
14 moms liked this

It's not the wealth, it's the gloating.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I honestly cannot stand any of the posts in which one speaks of how little or how much money they have. They bore me.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

this site isn't for the poor... but why should people be throwing their wealth in other peoples' faces? It's fine to be well off without saying "ooh, look at me, im rich, look what i can buy"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Same here

Quoting Not_A_Native:

It sure seems like it at times.

Then you get the defensive "well, not something I can relate to."  Fine, OK.  Food stamps, teenage pregnancy, fistfights, are not something I can relate to.

lalaboosh
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM
4 moms liked this
No, but the last thing I want to be told about on here is how some people spend a years worth of rent on a coach bag and diamond ring for a toddler and then in the next post be backhanded with how all the people on welfare should have their kids taken away! Money talks, and money is a bitch. If you can afford a world of luxuries for yourself and your LOs then more blessings to you, but the rest of us can't help but think how useful that same amount of money would have been in our own lives.

And so we're clear, I'm not saying that you should alter your spending or even feel anything but blessed.... But if you've got money and you show it people think you have more money and the green eyed monster gets loose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)