Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

induction experiences

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm going in to be induced in a few days and I'm a little nervous.

My cervix has been closed everytime I'm checked and I've read on the paper they gave me if it still is then they give me medicine.. Well do they keep you in there while your on the medicine or no?

I'd like everyone to tell me their experiences with being induced.. The good the bad whatever.
I want to be prepaired for everything.

Also, reason I'm being induced is cause I'm over due.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I was induced with my first at 42 weeks and 2 days....it was fine. In fact, in was my best birth experience. It turns out I just don't have painful labors. It took forever because DS was happy where he was, but in all I had a pain medication free birth with a baby over 9 lbs with no issues.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I got induced because I had signs of preeclampsia. Lucky for me, it was just a few days before my due date, maybe a week. Contractions started immediately, but I had no dilation whatsoever. It turns out my son wasn't properly accomodated and my cervix wasn't opening. Contractions weren't painful at all, I was actually reading a book. But that's because they weren't really doing anything. After about 10 hours it was obvious nothing was gonna happen and my doctor gave me the option to continue waiting or to have a C-section, gave me his professional opinion and I decided to have the c-section.

IMHO, the whole "birthing eperience" is overrated. The purpose is to have a healthy baby and a healthy mother. That's it. If that happens in a flowery room with candles or music or a hospital bed, it's meaningless once you have your baby in your arms.

I hope everything goes well for you! Good luck!

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM

My first induction was my quickest. They put the gel on my cervix. I started labor practically immediately. Four hours of labor, five minutes of pushing and he was born.

My second induction took 14 hours, they did the pill on my cervix. Two pushes though.

My third induction was done by the pill, too, but since my second induction took so long they broke my bag. I was kinda pissed. I labored hard and fairly fast. I don't remember the time though... I know I went in at 7, and she came after 1. But she got stuck because her shoulders were so big.

Tabelite
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I was induced with both my girls. I went into labor on my induction day with my first after being a week over due. My second I was induced a week early for medical reasons. Neither wasn't bad at all. They gave me my epidural and I slept the whole time. First labor was 8 hours, second was 5 hours. Just relax and enjoy it as much as you can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I was induced with DD at 37 weeks because my water started leaking and I was positive for Group B Strep. They gave me pitocin at 8am, my epidural came around 9am and I labored pain free for about 4-1/2 hours. DD came at about 2pm with 2 pushes. I had heard so many horror stories and was so afraid of being induced, but my experience was great.

swiperno
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Been induced twice. Both went fine. They did not allow me to leave this hospital after starting induction. They were both quick. Pain was very intense, but I have no natural labor to compare the inductions too so I don't know how intense compared to natural labor.

Good luck. You will be fine.

hemlockprimrose
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I was induded.. with my son.. went into labor and my contractions stopped.. It was his due date... this was almost 17 years ago... all in all I was in labor about 15 hours total.. and I did it with nothing.. did it all natural.. once they started the pitocin.. the contractions started fast.. and some were hard.. but well I didn't think it was any worse then being in labor with my girls... GOOD LUCK and CONGRAT 

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
First induction was awful. Labor was 21 hours and I had contractions that lasted about 30 seconds every minute. I couldn't get an epidural until 18 hours in. Very tough labor.
Second time was much better. She was out within 6 hours of starting my IV. Easy, and quick :). Good luck to you!
rosie211
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Not trying to scare you, but be prepared, the drug they give to induce (pitocin, sp?) makes for some hardcore labor pain. It was much easier when I had my second without them. Really not trying to scare you, just want you to be prepared. Good luck and I'm sure you''ll do just fine!

AngelRT
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

It can cause harder contractions and labor but its not unbearable. I had it done and received no pain meds or epi. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)