Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

induction experiences

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm going in to be induced in a few days and I'm a little nervous.

My cervix has been closed everytime I'm checked and I've read on the paper they gave me if it still is then they give me medicine.. Well do they keep you in there while your on the medicine or no?

I'd like everyone to tell me their experiences with being induced.. The good the bad whatever.
I want to be prepaired for everything.

Also, reason I'm being induced is cause I'm over due.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-28):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM
3 inductions, 2csections. And almost died each time. Induction just due to being over due is the worst excuse ever. Unless baby is in distress there is no need for an induction. Your due date can be off as much as two weeks or more. I never recommend induction...ever. The drugs they use are not made for inducing labor, they are used "off label" and can cause more harm than good. If you don't believe me go google things like cervidil (sp?) and pitocin. They are scary things.
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I was induced with cervidil. it looks like this huge white sperm lol and they put it way up and against your cervix. all in all I had good induction experiences and no trauma. it was nice. however with ds1 I did hemmorage and I think that was from the doctor helping get the placenta out and she tugged it a little to hard.

eta: no epidurals or pain meds for the contractions

winkyloafer
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM

My induction wasn't awful until the cervical balloon fell out. I was also overdue. My daughter's heart rate went down from the pitocin so they put me on oxygen and inserted a cervical balloon. It fell out six hours later and everything just went to Hell from there. My epidural took in my leg and let me with several nasty marks and an awful pain where they had injected me. I was given Stadol and about two hours later, she was born. I felt it all.

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
They stuck this tablet thing up my vag, it hurt like hell because it moved around and made me swollen and red/raw, so every time they had to check me it hurt even more. The pitocin is what finally got things going. Pretty much the same experience with both babies. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I wasn't dialated either time I was induced. the first time they put the cervidil in at 9am, ds1 was born 8:15ish pm the same day. the second time they put the cervidil in at 1 pm and ds3 was born at 6:11pm.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I've been induced twice! But I had been at 3 cm each time. The first time I was a week past due. I gave birth within 8 hours of being admitted.
It went well for me.

But I have to say, if you aren't even dilated yet, I would wait! I know waiting totally sucks at this point. I have been there. But, I just have a feeling you would be more likely to get a c section. I'm no professional. I know I may sound hypocritical saying it. I wouldn't do it until you started at least dilating. Is this your first? They take forever:(

ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM
With my first i was induced.. Started pitocin around nine..didnt feel any contractions. Water was broken at 1230, started to feel contractions..got delotta around 2, around 3 i was given morphine through a mask (breathe it in during a contraction take it off when its over) at 4 i started pushing but because i had been up all night excited to have the baby i was exhausted and wasnt pushing how i should..my son went into distress & they used the vac to assist him out (birh time 540).

Wih my second my dr stripped my membranes on friday, saturday night at 930 my water broke in the grocery store. Was admitted at 10 & started on treatments ( i was positive for strep) i was getting unsteady contraction (barely felt them) at 2 pm sunday they started pitocin.. At 3 i got dalidid (sp) at 435 i started pushing, at 450 ds 2 was born.

I didnt find my labour that bad, i had i guess 'regular' labour with ds1 & back labour with ds 2.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM
#1- 13.5 hours long. He got stuck above my pelvic and I almost had a c-section. Labour stopped because the nurses lowered the pitocin, making my contractions stop. I was very unprepared for this labour and was begging for a c-section. I used the oxygen mask and fentanyl for pain relief. Pushed for 45 minutes.

#2- 2 hours of labour. Pretty uneventful. Laboured on the toilet for the majority of time. Went from 5-10 in about 10 minutes, pushed for 10 minutes. Pain med free.

#3- 45 minutes. Only issue was they tried to keep me in the bed (I was very persistant on NOT staying in the bed). Laboured mostly in the shower. Went from 3-10 fairly quickly. Pushed for maybe 5 minutes. Pain med free.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMG1120
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
I was never induced from start to finish. My ob scheduled me for induction at exactly 42 weeks at my 40 week check up with my daughter. My water ended up breaking on its own at 40w 6d at 11:30pm. The on call ob was not my ob and she was a witch. She kept pushin for me to get an epi and said I would end up gettin a c section. I got on pitocin about 6 hours after my water broke because I wasn't progressing. I had my daughter at 4:14pm, vaginally. Ha I proved that witch wrong. It wasn't to bad and I was able to deal for the most part. With my son I was also scheduled for induction if I didn't go into labor by 41 weeks. I started contractions at home at 8pm on my due date lol. He was born at 7:20pm the next day. My ob happened to be on call and she was amazing. She didn't push anything or even mention a c section. At 7 cm she broke my water and everything stopped. I had no more contractions at all so they started pitocin after waiting a few hours to see if I would start contractions again on my own. This time was way worse because there were to many distraction, I got overwhelmed and couldn't concentrate. I did end up gettin epi with both kids but as soon as I got it in both cases it was instant urge to push.

I think it depends on how well your body does, your reaction to pain and how your ob is willing to work with you. Just keep an open mind though because it may not go how you expect it to and you may not have the birthing experience you wished for but in the end all that matters is that you and baby are healthy. Good luck :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)