Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanted to slap the B*tch Cashier ~Talked to Manager face2face

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
  • 244 Replies
17 moms liked this

My youngest son (4 yrs) got a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas. So, we went there last night so that he could pick out what he wanted. 

He found this 12 pony set of My Little Pony Ponies..

He has been watching the show with me late at night on Netflix. He liked that one of the pony's initials were AJ (Apple Jack) because those are his initials. This was the only set that had Apple Jack in it, so this is the one he wanted.

We took it up to the register, and the cashier smiles at him as he put it on the belt and said "Oh, is this for your sister?" 

"No, I have brothers" he answered as she rang it up

"Oh, then it must be for a friend then, how nice" she said as she put it in the bag.

"No, it's for me!" he said all excited. 

She totally did a 180*.. her smile faded and she got this look on her face, and turned to me and actually said..

" You are letting a little BOY get this girl toy to play with? What are you teaching him? He's not a little girl!" 

I gave her a blank stare and just said "I am teaching him it's ok to play with anything he wants to." 

We paid for it, and left. I was so mad that she would make it sound like he was doing something wrong. I feel like, now looking back, I should have talked to a manager, but I honestly just wanted to get out of there because I was angry.

Oh, and my son is now playing with his new ponies.. currently the Pegasuses are the heroes with Apple Jack leading the bunch while the unicorns are the bad guys and they seem to have lasers that shoot out of their horns.. LMAO! 

EDIT: Thanks to everyone.. I DO plan to call the store in the morning to speak with a manager, because ya'll are right... they do need to know. :) 

Oh, and I've told AJ that a lot of people think he's awesome.. his reply? "Thanks, I know"

LMAO!!!! HA! Crazy kid.. 

SECOND EDIT: I called the store this morning. The manager asked for all the information from my receipt. (I plan to head up there as soon as I get the boys dressed to see him in person) I also called the 1-800 number a couple of you ladies gave me. The lady was extremely nice and said that they would look into it immediately (I'm thinking that means after the holiday.. LOL!) and that I shouldn't have had that experience.  So, we shall see what happens when I head over there in a little bit. 

THIRD EDIT: Just got back from speaking with the manager. He was very apologetic. Stated that said Cashier was new for the season, but that was no excuse for her actions. He was going to speak with her on her next shift about her attitude and about keeping opinions to herself. He said he was sorry for what happened and told my son (I had all three of my boys with me) that he hoped AJ was enjoying his new toy, which made AJ smile really big. 

I really hope that he does all he said he was going to do. He seemed sincere. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM
6 moms liked this

she needs her mouth washed out with soap! why is it okay for a girl to play with G I Joe but a boy can't play with barbie?? kwim?

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM
9 moms liked this

I think its awesome that you're letting him play with ponies. I have a straight guy friend who actually wears a Rainbow Dash t-shirt. He's super manly too, but the chicks eat it up. Someday your son will be raking in the ladies!

-42-
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM
5 moms liked this

He is so cute!

Some people are just stupid, let the boy play with his ponies and forget her.

TikkiNippets
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that person should have kept her opinion to herself and he obviously is enjoying his new toys =)

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
10 moms liked this

I would have went to the manager. It's not her job to have an opinion on what you're buying your child.

Her job is to ring the stuff up, put it in bags and take your money.

ANNETTELYNN
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww. thats a  nice ending. i would of punched that cashier too. ppl can ne soo rude. he is a cute little boy.love his eyes :)

QTMom2302
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Cashiers sometimes need to learn to keep their mouths shut. I probably would've done the same and left quickly w/out blowing up at the manager for that. I would definitely complain, write a long email, phone call or go back in there. That's just rude!

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I totally agree! I loved playing with cars and stuff when I was growing up. There is such a double standard.. Girls can be tough, but boys can't like things that are pink. So Stupid.

Quoting bustybee:

she needs her mouth washed out with soap! why is it okay for a girl to play with G I Joe but a boy can't play with barbie?? kwim?

aiyess
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM
3 moms liked this
I can never understand why it's acceptable for girls to play with cars but not for boys to play with dolls?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermomz25
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have asked to speak to a manager. if he wants to play with ponies, who bloody cares.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured