Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wanted to slap the B*tch Cashier ~Talked to Manager face2face

My youngest son (4 yrs) got a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas. So, we went there last night so that he could pick out what he wanted. 

He found this 12 pony set of My Little Pony Ponies..

He has been watching the show with me late at night on Netflix. He liked that one of the pony's initials were AJ (Apple Jack) because those are his initials. This was the only set that had Apple Jack in it, so this is the one he wanted.

We took it up to the register, and the cashier smiles at him as he put it on the belt and said "Oh, is this for your sister?" 

"No, I have brothers" he answered as she rang it up

"Oh, then it must be for a friend then, how nice" she said as she put it in the bag.

"No, it's for me!" he said all excited. 

She totally did a 180*.. her smile faded and she got this look on her face, and turned to me and actually said..

" You are letting a little BOY get this girl toy to play with? What are you teaching him? He's not a little girl!" 

I gave her a blank stare and just said "I am teaching him it's ok to play with anything he wants to." 

We paid for it, and left. I was so mad that she would make it sound like he was doing something wrong. I feel like, now looking back, I should have talked to a manager, but I honestly just wanted to get out of there because I was angry.

Oh, and my son is now playing with his new ponies.. currently the Pegasuses are the heroes with Apple Jack leading the bunch while the unicorns are the bad guys and they seem to have lasers that shoot out of their horns.. LMAO! 

EDIT: Thanks to everyone.. I DO plan to call the store in the morning to speak with a manager, because ya'll are right... they do need to know. :) 

Oh, and I've told AJ that a lot of people think he's awesome.. his reply? "Thanks, I know"

LMAO!!!! HA! Crazy kid.. 

SECOND EDIT: I called the store this morning. The manager asked for all the information from my receipt. (I plan to head up there as soon as I get the boys dressed to see him in person) I also called the 1-800 number a couple of you ladies gave me. The lady was extremely nice and said that they would look into it immediately (I'm thinking that means after the holiday.. LOL!) and that I shouldn't have had that experience.  So, we shall see what happens when I head over there in a little bit. 

THIRD EDIT: Just got back from speaking with the manager. He was very apologetic. Stated that said Cashier was new for the season, but that was no excuse for her actions. He was going to speak with her on her next shift about her attitude and about keeping opinions to herself. He said he was sorry for what happened and told my son (I had all three of my boys with me) that he hoped AJ was enjoying his new toy, which made AJ smile really big. 

I really hope that he does all he said he was going to do. He seemed sincere. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
i_lovedyoufirst
by Gabriella (: on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so jealous of your son! Those are too cute lol!
I can't wait till Natalie grows up!
F the cashier tho. I would have called & still filed a complaint.
And your son is cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LisaSmock
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM
F~~K her. My son plays with whatever he wants too its not going to make him gay. And if he is gay who cares ? I would love him anyways. Better to be gay then a gay h8er Love is love. And hate is hate no matter who it is for
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LisaSmock
2 moms liked this
F~~K her. My son plays with whatever he wants too its not going to make him gay. And if he is gay who cares ? I would love him anyways. Better to be gay then a gay h8er Love is love. And hate is hate no matter who it is for
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bugsmama149
1 mom liked this

Jesus, I woulda been angry too. It's none of her business what your son plays with. I woulda felt terrible saying all that in front of your little boy! Shame on her definitely. The pic of your son is adorable.What a handsome little man (I love the chin dimple.......so cute!!!).

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have flipped a lid, I think. I've got an 8 month old son an I will let him play with whatever toys he wants, and I applaud you for having the same attitude. There is no reason boys can't play with "girl toys." Also, my little brothers (6yo & 7yo) LOVE mlp.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM

:) I remember her name, so I am going to do just that. 

And YAY for being a Brony! LOL (my son loves that term.. HA!) 

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Awww, a mini brony!

I would probably go back and speak to the manager once you calm down. I would just let them know to remind the cashier that personal opinions should be checked at the door. My son is 6 and likes my little pony too. 

coug7099
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have asked to speak to the manager. I also would have called corporate if that were a large store like Wal-mart. That cashier needs to find herself on the unemployment line. I hate when they get all personal with me about anything. Just STFU up and do your job. Your son should play with any toy he chooses to play with.

RoseBlossom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

thats wrong on many levels. first that she is a cashier talking to a customer like that ( i would have gotten the manager), second that its none of her business, third there is nothing wrong with boys playing with girl toys and girls playing with boy toys. iplayed with gi joe when i was a kid. they were my barbies boyfriends. and my little brother played tea party with us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

my son watches tinkerbell he just got that secret of the wings dvd yesterday

*shrugs*

bugsmama149
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel the same way you do. My son asked us a couple yrs ago what gay means. We told him. He looked a little horrified but he said "would you still love me if I grew up to be gay?"  I told him of COURSE I would, I'd love him no matter WHO he decides to love. And I whispered to my husband "if he does end up being gay, we won't have to worry about him knocking up anyone when he's 15!!!!! :).

Quoting LisaSmock:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)