Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wanted to slap the B*tch Cashier ~Talked to Manager face2face

My youngest son (4 yrs) got a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas. So, we went there last night so that he could pick out what he wanted. 

He found this 12 pony set of My Little Pony Ponies..

He has been watching the show with me late at night on Netflix. He liked that one of the pony's initials were AJ (Apple Jack) because those are his initials. This was the only set that had Apple Jack in it, so this is the one he wanted.

We took it up to the register, and the cashier smiles at him as he put it on the belt and said "Oh, is this for your sister?" 

"No, I have brothers" he answered as she rang it up

"Oh, then it must be for a friend then, how nice" she said as she put it in the bag.

"No, it's for me!" he said all excited. 

She totally did a 180*.. her smile faded and she got this look on her face, and turned to me and actually said..

" You are letting a little BOY get this girl toy to play with? What are you teaching him? He's not a little girl!" 

I gave her a blank stare and just said "I am teaching him it's ok to play with anything he wants to." 

We paid for it, and left. I was so mad that she would make it sound like he was doing something wrong. I feel like, now looking back, I should have talked to a manager, but I honestly just wanted to get out of there because I was angry.

Oh, and my son is now playing with his new ponies.. currently the Pegasuses are the heroes with Apple Jack leading the bunch while the unicorns are the bad guys and they seem to have lasers that shoot out of their horns.. LMAO! 

EDIT: Thanks to everyone.. I DO plan to call the store in the morning to speak with a manager, because ya'll are right... they do need to know. :) 

Oh, and I've told AJ that a lot of people think he's awesome.. his reply? "Thanks, I know"

LMAO!!!! HA! Crazy kid.. 

SECOND EDIT: I called the store this morning. The manager asked for all the information from my receipt. (I plan to head up there as soon as I get the boys dressed to see him in person) I also called the 1-800 number a couple of you ladies gave me. The lady was extremely nice and said that they would look into it immediately (I'm thinking that means after the holiday.. LOL!) and that I shouldn't have had that experience.  So, we shall see what happens when I head over there in a little bit. 

THIRD EDIT: Just got back from speaking with the manager. He was very apologetic. Stated that said Cashier was new for the season, but that was no excuse for her actions. He was going to speak with her on her next shift about her attitude and about keeping opinions to herself. He said he was sorry for what happened and told my son (I had all three of my boys with me) that he hoped AJ was enjoying his new toy, which made AJ smile really big. 

I really hope that he does all he said he was going to do. He seemed sincere. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (31-40):
kris1stbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Lazer shooting horns? That's awesome!!!

db1au
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Great imagination.  Cashier was out of line.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM

LOL.. yeah.. they are REALLY cute! I think they go with the mini mystery pack ones.. so we might get him more for his birthday if he wants (in Feb) 

Quoting i_lovedyoufirst:

I'm so jealous of your son! Those are too cute lol!
I can't wait till Natalie grows up!
F the cashier tho. I would have called & still filed a complaint.
And your son is cute!

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM
It's nothing to get all upset over. It's not like she called him a fag. She's ignorant. Let it go and play with your son
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Some cashiers need to just stfu. Its not her business what your son plays with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this

my 11yo son still likes to watch barbie movies with his sisters, loves collecting snow globes and delicate figurines, wants to get married at christmas so they can get married under mistletoe, and will do the most dangerous stupid guy stuff he can think of

no harm in playing with ponies

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM

LOL! Thanks.. each of my boys has a dimple in their cheek (the older two have them on opposite cheeks) but he has them in BOTH cheeks AND his chin.. LOL! :) 

Quoting bugsmama149:

Jesus, I woulda been angry too. It's none of her business what your son plays with. I woulda felt terrible saying all that in front of your little boy! Shame on her definitely. The pic of your son is adorable.What a handsome little man (I love the chin dimple.......so cute!!!).

ajnmadismommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM
He's adorable!!!! And quite frankly who cares if he plays with them my youngest son has tea parties with my daughter all the time and he's still hard core boy...... I would have been so pissed if she said that to me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I would have cursed her out. She had no business saying that. Her opinion was not asked.

CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That is a really cute movie! :) does he like it? 

Quoting Anonymous:

my son watches tinkerbell he just got that secret of the wings dvd yesterday

*shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN