Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wanted to slap the B*tch Cashier ~Talked to Manager face2face

My youngest son (4 yrs) got a Wal-Mart gift card for Christmas. So, we went there last night so that he could pick out what he wanted. 

He found this 12 pony set of My Little Pony Ponies..

He has been watching the show with me late at night on Netflix. He liked that one of the pony's initials were AJ (Apple Jack) because those are his initials. This was the only set that had Apple Jack in it, so this is the one he wanted.

We took it up to the register, and the cashier smiles at him as he put it on the belt and said "Oh, is this for your sister?" 

"No, I have brothers" he answered as she rang it up

"Oh, then it must be for a friend then, how nice" she said as she put it in the bag.

"No, it's for me!" he said all excited. 

She totally did a 180*.. her smile faded and she got this look on her face, and turned to me and actually said..

" You are letting a little BOY get this girl toy to play with? What are you teaching him? He's not a little girl!" 

I gave her a blank stare and just said "I am teaching him it's ok to play with anything he wants to." 

We paid for it, and left. I was so mad that she would make it sound like he was doing something wrong. I feel like, now looking back, I should have talked to a manager, but I honestly just wanted to get out of there because I was angry.

Oh, and my son is now playing with his new ponies.. currently the Pegasuses are the heroes with Apple Jack leading the bunch while the unicorns are the bad guys and they seem to have lasers that shoot out of their horns.. LMAO! 

EDIT: Thanks to everyone.. I DO plan to call the store in the morning to speak with a manager, because ya'll are right... they do need to know. :) 

Oh, and I've told AJ that a lot of people think he's awesome.. his reply? "Thanks, I know"

LMAO!!!! HA! Crazy kid.. 

SECOND EDIT: I called the store this morning. The manager asked for all the information from my receipt. (I plan to head up there as soon as I get the boys dressed to see him in person) I also called the 1-800 number a couple of you ladies gave me. The lady was extremely nice and said that they would look into it immediately (I'm thinking that means after the holiday.. LOL!) and that I shouldn't have had that experience.  So, we shall see what happens when I head over there in a little bit. 

THIRD EDIT: Just got back from speaking with the manager. He was very apologetic. Stated that said Cashier was new for the season, but that was no excuse for her actions. He was going to speak with her on her next shift about her attitude and about keeping opinions to herself. He said he was sorry for what happened and told my son (I had all three of my boys with me) that he hoped AJ was enjoying his new toy, which made AJ smile really big. 

I really hope that he does all he said he was going to do. He seemed sincere. 

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
LisaSmock
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Being gay means you love someone I can't see how anyone can hate love?

Quoting bugsmama149:

I feel the same way you do. My son asked us a couple yrs ago what gay means. We told him. He looked a little horrified but he said "would you still love me if I grew up to be gay?"  I told him of COURSE I would, I'd love him no matter WHO he decides to love. And I whispered to my husband "if he does end up being gay, we won't have to worry about him knocking up anyone when he's 15!!!!! :).

Quoting LisaSmock:

F~~K her. My son plays with whatever he wants too its not going to make him gay. And if he is gay who cares ? I would love him anyways. Better to be gay then a gay h8er Love is love. And hate is hate no matter who it is for

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I would have let a manager know. Regardless of what she thinks she shouldnt have said anything. That was pretty rude.
tifferie
by A$$tastic on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My son wanted Holt Hyde last year. (A monster high doll) Everyone thought I was weird because I actually did try to find it for him.
muzzyh
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I'd call the corporate office and write nasty reviews on every site out there! What a twat.
CrimsonRadiance
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

LMAO! I shouldn't laugh.. but that cracked me up.. 

Quoting bugsmama149:

I feel the same way you do. My son asked us a couple yrs ago what gay means. We told him. He looked a little horrified but he said "would you still love me if I grew up to be gay?"  I told him of COURSE I would, I'd love him no matter WHO he decides to love. And I whispered to my husband "if he does end up being gay, we won't have to worry about him knocking up anyone when he's 15!!!!! :).

Quoting LisaSmock:

F~~K her. My son plays with whatever he wants too its not going to make him gay. And if he is gay who cares ? I would love him anyways. Better to be gay then a gay h8er Love is love. And hate is hate no matter who it is for

sfkdny

you definitely should have said something to the manager - the cashiers job is to ring, bag, take money and give back change.  she should not have said anything about what you are buying. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

he likes anything with tinkerbell in it, they now have the first three movies on netflix 

Quoting CrimsonRadiance:

That is a really cute movie! :) does he like it? 

Quoting Anonymous:

my son watches tinkerbell he just got that secret of the wings dvd yesterday

*shrugs*

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

You should have stuck a boot down her throat!!

CrimsonRadiance

I know right?!? They really need to put that into the show! LOL!

Quoting kris1stbaby:

Lazer shooting horns? That's awesome!!!

BRITTN3Y
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

and this my friend...is WHY she works at Wal-Mart wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN