Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plastic surgery...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I would like to know what are your opinions on plastic surgery. I really hate my nose and I'm considering rhinoplasty. Growing up I was always teased about having a large nose. :( While at the same time being hit on for being "pretty" idk I guess to each his own...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Good luck with it :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I used to think like that but lately it's really been bothering me, idk...

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Fuck that!! To each their own, not something I would do.

waffa
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

death from general anesthesia, loss of feeling in the boobs, lack of smell and unnatural looking for either procedure...

and, yeah I'd hand over my 2 cups to you any day!!! my back might feel better and that stupid red mark under the right boob (significantly larger than left) from pressure of it sitting there all the time is yours too!!!!

I just want some perky lil B's, not these droopy fat D's

Quoting Anonymous:

What are the risks? And you can pass those two cup sizes over here lol jk

Quoting waffa:

I have things about me I don't like (big tits that need to come up north and down 2 cups sizes), and things that don't work (nose I can't breathe out of); neither of which I would have plastic surgery for as the risk outweighs the irritation of them, but that's just me, to each his/her own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Lol so some people agree some don't, I would of course read all the risks there is and pray for a successful procedure. :) thank you for your opinions
mom2bell
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

My mother always wanted me to have my nose done.  It is crooked.  I ended up having surgery to straighten my deviated septum, once I healed and could breathe better, she asks, "why didn't you go ahead and straighten the outside too?" 

as I appreciate looks I more so appreciate function.  A quality my mother and I differ on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you :)

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Good luck with it :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I used to think like that but lately it's really been bothering me, idk...

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Fuck that!! To each their own, not something I would do.

LuLuThatsWho
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I just gave birth to my third and fourth children earlier in the month.  I have a terrible umbilical hernia. I told my postpartum doctor and nurse that it hurt a lot more after the babies were born, and I asked them if they should refer me to General Surgery to get it fixed.  The doctor said, "That... or plastics."  I laughed a little and said, "Why?  Am I going to be disfigured after they sew up the hole?"  Apparently, my insurance company would likely pay for a hernia repair and tummy tuck because my belly button is so herniated.  I had never considered a tummy tuck... but I am now!!! :)

I had, however, seriously considered having work done on my breasts.  They are two very different sizes (one is a full C and the other is a small-to-average B).  They also sag considerably after nursing two babies.  I'm sure that they will be even worse after breastfeeding the twins.  I won't do it until I am certain that my baby-making and baby-feeding days are over.

LivysMama
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I think the reason is what matters most. If you just really don't like your nose and you'd feel happier with a nose job then I say go for it. If you're desperate to change yourself because of someone else then I'd say its unhealthy.

BTW, I hate my nose too...have you looked into the new kind of nose jobs? They have a much shorter recovery time and you don't have to have cotton stuffed up your nose for weeks after the surgery :)

Emilytrademark
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I think plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes is really sad :-/

BabyFruit Ticker
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I really want a tummy tuck. I'm done having babies so.. its time for this flab to go. 

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I had a lift and augmentation done. I would be hesistant on doing anything to my face, and I hate my nose.. :\

I dont know, you should just do A LOT of research on plastic surgeons who specialize in rhinoplasty especially. Look at a lot of before and after pictures. You dont want to end up with a scary looking nose job.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)