Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Plastic surgery...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I would like to know what are your opinions on plastic surgery. I really hate my nose and I'm considering rhinoplasty. Growing up I was always teased about having a large nose. :( While at the same time being hit on for being "pretty" idk I guess to each his own...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Replies (31-40):
marinenonstop
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Egh...i considered a tummy tuck but i dont think plastic surgery is really for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I think if it's something that messes with your self-esteem or self-image, go for it.  If you're doing it for vanity reasons, I think it's stupid.

Mrs.Fus29
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure that you are beautiful just the way you are. God made each and every one of us different, and if it ain't broke don't fix it......in the end it is YOUR choice:) Everyone deserves to be happy and if that will make you happy, so be it. 

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I need a lot of work done. If I had the money I would personally have a breast reduction and lift. I would also like a tummy tuck and lipo. I would love a mini face lift too.

Lalalie
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always been sensitive about my small eyes. I've always wanted bigger eyes and I know there are surgeries for eyes, but I don't think I could do it.

I would never look down on anyone who did it though, so long as they did it for themselves and no one else.

mommy2nicky07
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I got breast implants a few years ago. I don't think I'll be getting anything else done.

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 20 years old after having my second son and my  grandmother had better looking rack than I did lol. That did a huge number on my self esteem, and it didnt help that I was already severely depressed as it is.

I cried when I found out I was going to be able to have the procedure done. It helped me emotionally tremendously. 

I only find cosmetic surgery "sad" when it's overdone and turned into an addiction.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I think plastic surgery for cosmetic purposes is really sad :-/

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

supermomz25
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I got my ears pinned back because of relentless teasing and while I was there I also got a boob job. the ear surgery was free because it was considered a "medically necessary" surgery. the boob job cost me $5600. I got mine done at Kaiser.

Emilytrademark
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's sad that our culture had you look at another woman and compare your "rack" to hers, resulting in you feeling inadequate, and coercing you to undergo major surgery in order to improve your self esteem. I'm saddened by these unnecessary cultural pressures on women.

Quoting BEXi:

I was 20 years old after having my second son and my  grandmother had better looking rack than I did lol. That did a huge number on my self esteem, and it didnt help that I was already severely depressed as it is.

I cried when I found out I was going to be able to have the procedure done. It helped me emotionally tremendously. 

I only find cosmetic surgery "sad" when it's overdone and turned into an addiction.

Quoting Emilytrademark:

BabyFruit Ticker
BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Well, yeah. Life is not fair. :\

Quoting Emilytrademark:

I think it's sad that our culture had you look at another woman and compare your "rack" to hers, resulting in you feeling inadequate, and coercing you to undergo major surgery in order to improve your self esteem. I'm saddened by these unnecessary cultural pressures on women.

Quoting BEXi:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)