Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bedtime Stories

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM
  • 23 Replies
Do you read your LO a book at bedtime? Is their one specific book they fall asleep on faster, or do you just read them whatever story they pick out?

For the longest time my daughters loved getting 'Goodnight Moon' read to them, now their into fairy tales and the 'happily ever after' stories..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

my 3 yr old is currently in a little critter book  phase

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Dd is eight and I used to read to her every night now it is 1-3 times a week.

One of her favorite books is There is a monster at the end of this book

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

We read Harry Potter. We're about to start on the first from Book 1 again. After we're done with those, we'll read Wizard of Oz, and then we'll decide from there. They are 3 (4 in March) and 2 (3 in July).

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I tried to read my 8 month old a Dr. Suess book while I was nursing him to sleep last night. He cried...

I love reading though, so we'll definitely do bedtime stories... When he's old enough to appreciate them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

DS wants made up stories about minecraft. i'm all out of stories. =(

SuperMommy8908
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM

honestly my 4yr old doesnt have any preferences, she picks a different one everynight I've always read to her and she loves it, its great bonding time, plus its ALWAYS a great thing to read a book!

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Whatever story they want, but generally at night time the request is for a completely made up story and they help me complete it, or add to it. It doesn't help them fall asleep, so we go to bed early to complete our story. Set a time, and when that time ends we come to a quick ending and it's lights out time! :D Well, not exactly lights out since the light is out during this, but bed time.

ANSLUASI
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

We read every night before bed. DD is 4. We just finished the My Father's Dragon trilogy and are working on Little House inthe Big Woods (Laura Ingalls Wilder), a chapter a night. We have a ton of kids books, so on nights when we forgo the chapter books, we read a picture book or two, titles depending on what sort of mood we're in (sleepy, silly, adventurous, magical).

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM

My grandson Jonny has me read Ten Little Ladybugs, Goodnight Moon and Who am I every nap and bedtime. He also likes them read in that order. LOL

ANSLUASI
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome! What fabulous memories it will give your kids, and what a boost for imagination. I hope you write some of them down to remember in the future, or record them in some way.

Quoting Lalalie:

Whatever story they want, but generally at night time the request is for a completely made up story and they help me complete it, or add to it. It doesn't help them fall asleep, so we go to bed early to complete our story. Set a time, and when that time ends we come to a quick ending and it's lights out time! :D Well, not exactly lights out since the light is out during this, but bed time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)