Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun"!!

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?
There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.
Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know

Agenda revealed! If you had any doubts that the media was pushing for this and who their masters were, doubt no longer. This is spooky. Alot of what you read in the ‘conspiracy world’ is bull but there IS alot of truth too.. You just have to sort out the facts yourself. -Mort

I ran across this on fb. Thought I'd share. There's several dif layers of info/opinions here. Feel free to discuss freely (cause if you're already on here reading this then you probably have something to say about it) but please don't bash. Thnx!

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah! The answer to gun violence is obviously more guns! Guns all around!

/facepalm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM
It was a cop. That's her job. She's not a superhero.

And obviously it made the news since you have the article.
hhhanna
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Darling, she was an off duty officer so technically it was NOT her job.  By the same token it IS the job of all of us to stop lunatics like this if we are able, and if you have a gun and know how to use it, you have that ability; if you don't, all you are is a potential victim.  But of course we need to stop law abiding citizens from possessing guns because we know that will stop the criminals (who always obey all the laws) from obtaining them.  I can't believe the victim mentality of liberals.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think the answer is more people running around with concealed carry permits. The person who took this guy down was an off duty cop who is trained to assess the situation before shooting. No cop would have opened fire on the Colorado theater shooter in a dark theater full of tear gas because the odds were too high of hurting another innocent person. Average Joe with a gun would probably make things worse and/or get himself killed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I believe guns should be legal.

That said I think the arguement is shaky. On the flip side someone can say well what if guns weren't legal at all...then maybe you'd have less violence all around.

EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Personaly I think that if you own a gun you should be expected to know how to use it. It shouldn't be so easy to get a gun. HOWEVER I think that if there were more people that were properly trained to use a gun, there would be fewer violent acts like these.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Victim mentality of liberals? Care to explain?

Quoting hhhanna:

Quoting Anonymous:

Darling, she was an off duty officer so technically it was NOT her job.  By the same token it IS the job of all of us to stop lunatics like this if we are able, and if you have a gun and know how to use it, you have that ability; if you don't, all you are is a potential victim.  But of course we need to stop law abiding citizens from possessing guns because we know that will stop the criminals (who always obey all the laws) from obtaining them.  I can't believe the victim mentality of liberals.

rockinfirekitty
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Main stream media will NEVER cover stories like this. We had an angry high school student come to one of our local middle schools after hours. His plan was to shoot up the Christmas concert. Well one of the students dads had a concealed weapons permit and stopped the kid before he even got a shot off. No one died but then again no one ever cares unless someone does.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM

A Comprehensive Glossary Of Gifs / gifs glossary

EmBoogRaysMommy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

This is what I'm talking about! Situations like this that were prevented because someone knew how to use a gun. There would be fewer tragedys if more people were properly trained to use guns.

Quoting rockinfirekitty:

Main stream media will NEVER cover stories like this. We had an angry high school student come to one of our local middle schools after hours. His plan was to shoot up the Christmas concert. Well one of the students dads had a concealed weapons permit and stopped the kid before he even got a shot off. No one died but then again no one ever cares unless someone does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN