Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

in tears *update**final update*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My two week old has been writhing and grunting in pain all day. Presumably from gas. He is miserable. I am in tears because nothing I can do helps or comforts him. He is arching his back so bad and going stiff as a board trying to pass it. I have done everything. He can't even eat. :( His belly is all hard. I am close to taking him to the peds ER. I don't know what else to do. Gas drops and gripe water haven't worked.

*we are at er. Have been here an hour and still have not seen the doc. Ds is sleeping in my arms currently. I had tried all of the things you lovely ladies suggested with no relief. Ss is dairy allergic and it didn't dawn on me until we got here that his screaming fits were after bottles (he is given bm in a bottle) and maybe he is dairy allergic as well. I will update once we see the doc but if I had to take a guess baby will be getting soy formula from here on out. Dh told me bil had the same problem as a baby so it is in their genes*

*So, we are home. Ds is sleeping peacefully finally. The doc was awesome and so so kind. Turns out ds has reflux. He said the back arching, leg stiffening, screaming, really everything ds was doing are classic symptoms of reflux. They gave him a dose of zantac there and sent us home with a prescription. I am so glad we went. I hated seeing my baby in pain and not being able to help him. I am also glad we won't have to stop giving him bm. I, however, am not allowed coffee or chocolate for a while because it contributes to relaxing the smooth muscles in the stomach this exagherating the reflux. I only had a cup or less of coffee in the a.m. but chocolate is going to be hard. But, it'll be worth it. Thank you so much for all of your advice ladies! It truely is appreciated. :)*
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Under no circumstances would you give an infant an enema.

Quoting beingme75:

I understand he just pooped but how much..my niece had this iSsue..may be lactose intollerant..give an enima!!

nancym3
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Do not give a 2 week old an enema!!

Quoting beingme75:

I understand he just pooped but how much..my niece had this iSsue..may be lactose intollerant..give an enima!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beingme75
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Isn't he 2 yrs old..he can have an enima...my sister did to my niece and it worked..she was perfectly fine afterwards..I was there

Quoting Anonymous:

do NOT give that baby a enima... take him to a DOCTOR.

Quoting beingme75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
APJrzy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
When this happened to my children (many years ago) and both had constipation problems when they were infants; I put them into a warm bath water or a warm cloth on their belly. One pediatrician told me to use a rectal thermometer with Vaseline rectally to lubricate the rectum - it helped son move his bowels. Good luck, and please let us know how you do. Praying for all of you!
beingme75
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Oh, sorry..2 weeks..no enima..a very little pinch of baking soda..and heating pad on stomach..my son 4 days old and that's what the hospital told me to do

Quoting beingme75:

Isn't he 2 yrs old..he can have an enima...my sister did to my niece and it worked..she was perfectly fine afterwards..I was there

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beingme75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_Nelson
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Take him to the ER.  With a baby that little you can never be too careful.  If it is nothing then all you lose is a copay and you might feel a little silly but if it is something then you will be able to get it treated.

jeannie39
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

He is 2 weeks old. She could bust his bowels. an emema would be very dangerous.

Quoting beingme75:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beingme75:

beingme75
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
NĂ“pe u r right u certainly don't..I misread and already corrected myself..thanks ! :)

Quoting nancym3:

Do not give a 2 week old an enema!!

Quoting beingme75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beingme75
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
U r so right! I misread and already corrected myself..thanks! :)

Quoting jeannie39:

He is 2 weeks old. She could bust his bowels. an emema would be very dangerous.

Quoting beingme75:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting beingme75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM
Rub his belly.... swaddle him tight
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)