Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Between a rock and a hard place, advice needed ** EDITED TO CLARIFY**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: fight for child support or let it go and keep him away

Options:

child support

let it go

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

I have 2 kids by 2 guys, one with xdh, one with df. xdh pays child support and it wasn't a battle to get it set up. he understands that he has a responsbility as do i to financially support the day to day expenses. Xdh has parental rights because he is on the birth certificate and he was an active part of his childs life while we were married, all good

df is in the military. he missed his child's birth because he wasn't allowed any leave. we aren't married and the red cross wouldn't send my emergency message, he and i both accepted that. all through the pregnancy, he seemed very excited about his baby. when he saw her via video chat a few hours after she was born, he cried like a baby and it was instant love. sadly, he hasn't signed the birth certificate or paternity acknowledgement, so on paper, he has no rights to her

df has two weeks of leave for christmas and will be about 8 hours from here, staying with his dad and stepmpther (who hates me and spreads vicious lies). since he has been home, he has shown a dramatic difference of feelings towards me and his new baby. Stepmother has convinced him that the baby isn't his.

Im furious and hurt. i turned to my family for morla support and advice but they are biased (duh, they are on my side about everything and just want to see df twist in the wind) and keep telling me to get him over a barrel for child support. I am scared that if i go or child support, he will fight for custody or try to take the baby.

Half of me knows my child is entitled to the financial support that a father (and mother) should provide, but the other half feels that I can protect her better if i keep his name off of everything where he is legally not her father.

what should i do? take him to court or let it go and deny her a father?

**According to him, he wants to work it out and he has only been a super dick since his stepmother has been in his ear. He started to see how she is, with the lies and all during basic, when she wasnt right in his ear. He swears things will be better once he (we, he says) get to his duty station where we can be  a real family**

AND SUPER IRONIC POINT- HIS BIO MOM JUST WALKED OUT ON HIM AND HIS SISTER WHEN HE WAS ABOUT THREE

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Get the child support.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I think you should go for child support. If you are providing for your child and being a good mother then dont worry about him trying to take you to court for custody.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this
First and foremost, give him a paternity test so that his family can stfu. After that worry about the other stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM
It depends on what you want. My boys have the same father and he's on the birth certificate for one but not the other. He doesn't help financially with either one and I've let it be because my boys are better off without a pos in their life.
PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM

DNA test, then child support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Are you two no longer together or....?
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Sounds like you need to stop calling him df, he certainly is not a dear fiancé. Get the support for your child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Show him the baby is his with a paternity test, get the support, be a great mom, and im sure if he is as much a piece of crap as you say, he will walk out and you won't really have to worry about him.

LuLuThatsWho
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Let it go...

You're right.  If you get CS, he could get custody or substantial visitation.  If she is this low on his list of priorities now (he isn't taking his 2 weeks of leave to be with her??  Really??), then he shouldn't have her.

LaceNBklyn
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM
This. Because it should not be drama if you two are together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you two no longer together or....?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)