Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh really UPDATE 12/31 update

So dh just got off the phone with the after hours nurse. 

DS1 has broken out in hives all over his cheeks, arms, chest/stomach and back

and we dont know why

The only time he has broken out was when he was given dairy. Well he is on soy milk and not be given anything dairy!

i dont get it

we did everything she suggested

benadryl..........didnt work

warm bath.........didnt work

the only thing he has had out of the normal is amoxicillin which was prescribed to him by his pedi. He has been fighting a bad cold for over 2 weeks now

NOW DH is allergic to anything Cillin. He is thinking the baby has the same allergy but he hasnt had it since last night so that wouldnt affect him now would it????????

ugh i just dont know what to think

DH took him to urgent care and im worried as hell

DH JUST CALLED ME!!!!!!!  ITS WORSE NOW THEN IT WAS BEFORE HE BROUGHT HIM IN!  THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT CAUSED IT BUT THEY ARE LOOKING AT A DIFFERENT DOSE OF BENADRYL TO GIVE HIM!

I CALLED THE PHARAMSIST AND THERE IS NO LACTOSE IN THE MEDICATION

SO I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE 12/31

Dh called the pedi this morning and talked to the nurse. She agrees that it sounds like an allergic reaction to Ammxicillin. 

She is going to talk to the pedi and then call us back!

The hives have gone away. Thankfully

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Replies (71-80):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Why didnt you go wth your dh to take him to the dr shame on you your a bad mom

daiseymae2
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM
If you have mono and are given amoxicillin, you can develope a severe rash. It sounds like your child may have mono.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I'm sure they'll figure it out soon. And hives can stay for a little while. My aunt had an allergic reaction to some medicine not too long ago and she had hives a week after she stopped taking it. Sounds like he takes after his daddy and is allergic to the cillin family.

Quoting mommysangelface:

update

Quoting babylove041810:

Sounds like an allergic reaction to the medicine. Sending prayers your way. I hope everything turns out ok!! Please update when you can!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

he was born with trachomalaicia

Tracheomalacia is the condition that results when the cartilage that goes around the trachea isn’t strong enough to fully support it. This means that when your child exhales, the trachea narrows so much that it may feel hard to breathe. Also makes some children with this condition susceptible to getting sick easily. Tracheomalacia can be fatal if not monitored properly.

I never said he is given meds everytime he is sick. Last time he was on anything was in March for an ear infection

Quoting tristahope:

Quoting mommysangelface:

I am confused was your child sick when they gave him antibiotics or not? I agree with strawberry cool on this one unless the child is sick why would they give him meds and can you explain what it is your LO was born with? So they give your child meds every time someone in the house is sick bc of what he was born with- do they not know that eventually his body will get immune to the antibiotics.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

FUCK YOU BITCH

I HAVE A 5 YR OLD SLEEPING RIGHT NOW

GO TO FUCKING HELL

Quoting Anonymous:

Why didnt you go wth your dh to take him to the dr shame on you your a bad mom

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I know i know

i just hate this and there is nothing i can do apparently

yea the newbs will freak out

lol

Quoting Sassy762:

LOOK.....he has been through so much already and always comes through just fine and dandy. He will be fine this time also

STOP CRYING..................Don't make me go Font 7....these Newbies will freak out, lol

Quoting mommysangelface:

im crying harder now!

dh said he managed to scratch himself

Quoting Sassy762:

Damn........they will figure it out and get this under control. don't freak out....

Breathe darlin

Quoting mommysangelface:

UPDATED MOM 

Quoting Sassy762:

(((HUGS)))

Hopefully they can figure out what made him break out....keep us update darlin

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

viral hives??????

Quoting Ollie123:

It could be viral hives. My DD has had it a couple times. 

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:53 AM

ill be back tomorrow or ill be mobile

dh just got home with ds

PepperWillow
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I was going to point this out too but also that mono in little ones is really rare. My son had it though confirmed by a blood test.

Quoting daiseymae2:

If you have mono and are given amoxicillin, you can develope a severe rash. It sounds like your child may have mono.

Ollie123
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Yes sometimes when kids are sick they can break out in viral hives. I took my DD to the ER last year because she was covered in hives. She was miserable but they are harmless for the most part. She had them for almost three days. Benadryl helped and cool compresses and baths. Good luck. Your little one will be ok.

Quoting mommysangelface:

viral hives??????

Quoting Ollie123:

It could be viral hives. My DD has had it a couple times. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN