Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh really UPDATE 12/31 update

So dh just got off the phone with the after hours nurse. 

DS1 has broken out in hives all over his cheeks, arms, chest/stomach and back

and we dont know why

The only time he has broken out was when he was given dairy. Well he is on soy milk and not be given anything dairy!

i dont get it

we did everything she suggested

benadryl..........didnt work

warm bath.........didnt work

the only thing he has had out of the normal is amoxicillin which was prescribed to him by his pedi. He has been fighting a bad cold for over 2 weeks now

NOW DH is allergic to anything Cillin. He is thinking the baby has the same allergy but he hasnt had it since last night so that wouldnt affect him now would it????????

ugh i just dont know what to think

DH took him to urgent care and im worried as hell

DH JUST CALLED ME!!!!!!!  ITS WORSE NOW THEN IT WAS BEFORE HE BROUGHT HIM IN!  THEY ARE NOT SURE WHAT CAUSED IT BUT THEY ARE LOOKING AT A DIFFERENT DOSE OF BENADRYL TO GIVE HIM!

I CALLED THE PHARAMSIST AND THERE IS NO LACTOSE IN THE MEDICATION

SO I DONT KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE 12/31

Dh called the pedi this morning and talked to the nurse. She agrees that it sounds like an allergic reaction to Ammxicillin. 

She is going to talk to the pedi and then call us back!

The hives have gone away. Thankfully

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Replies (81-90):
702girly
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry he's going through that.

I break out in hives randomly now and then. It's a real pain. Sometimes they can't figure out what causes it.

KyrinM
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Breathe girl, breathe!  He will be okay.  Hugs!

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I'm so sorry! sending prayers and hope he gets better soon! hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Hope everything is ok
tristahope
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM
Quoting mommysangelface:

Oh okay. I am sorry that he has to go threw this. My mistake I was reading other peoples post and was very confused so I had to ask. Sometimes post gets me confused bc they are all off subject. Sorry didn't mean any harm. But I do hope he gets better and no worries he sounds like he has a good doctor so she will find out what is going on and get him some med to help him. Keep us updated so we will all know that he is better and in case this ever happens to our child/ children.

Good Luck Momma..
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
My son broke out in hives after 2 days on amoxicillin and prednisone. I think it was the amoxicillin. It was really bad. We stopped it immediately amd it went away.

Hope your son geta better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daiseymae2
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:10 AM
My little brother had it when he was 3 and "shared" it with me. They gave me amoxicillin and said I would break out in a small rash if I had it. I ended up covered head to toe in a bad rash. I didn't like him very much growing up. LOL

Quoting PepperWillow:

I was going to point this out too but also that mono in little ones is really rare. My son had it though confirmed by a blood test.

Quoting daiseymae2:

If you have mono and are given amoxicillin, you can develope a severe rash. It sounds like your child may have mono.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I broke out in hives when I was 16 because of Midol. So, my parents had a bitchy, PMSing 15 year old covered in hives. Benadryl has never worked for me when I have an allergic reaction...I have to use Loratidine (sp?) and topical Cortisone.

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

praying 

abernathyvanna
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Some allergies have slow acting triggers on different people. Try him on almond milk. It has more vitamins than soy milk and most aren't allergic to it. That's what DS is on... Dr told us either almond like we have been doing or goat milk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)