Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have assistance and my kid is loaded with name-brand clothes. *Don't click if you don't like these posts ;)*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
3 moms liked this

She owns Sperry's, Timberland's, Nike Shox,Tommy Hilfiger Sandals, and tons more shoes like that. She has Gap, Old Navy, Eddie Bauer, J Crew, Ralph Lauren etc. clothes. 95% of the clothes are a brand like that. No, I am not trying to brag. The point I am getting to, is I did not buy one bit of it. I have a very loving and dear person who passes tons of them down to me because she just wants them out of her way, and they are in in great condition.

This person is a clothes freak, and also a clean freak so the clothes are sometimes not not even worn, and many look new . I still buy things, but they are definitely not name brand. I buy as we need, and after my kids grows out of them, whatever is in good condition, which is a good bit, I will sell them in yard sale's and they sell super fast, so I personally think it's smart thinking.

I  laugh when I see people act like it's a mortal sin if you have something like that and have assistance, because they really just have no idea about a person's situation to be so quick to assume. I think how I do this is beneficial and definitely saves money. I hardly ever have to buy most clothes, and then I can go and sell a lot of them since kids go through them so fast, anyway. 

Before anyone attempts to bash me for my kid wearing "hand me downs." I really don't care. Lol. Like I said, they are in great condition, they are stylish and I personally see nothing wrong with it. :)

I just started thinking about this when I saw a post about how a child shouldn't we wearing Timberland's or something absurd like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't care what CM thinks of my financial situation, or what my children wear. I don't know why anyone would.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Hand me downs are great.
So are second hands stores and clearance sales.
I mostly shop at The Childrens Place. I search their clearance rack and use their coupons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hey, as long as your kid is fed, clothed and housed and you aren't lying to the gov't, then *shrugs*. Now if you're lying to us and the reason you need asst. is because you spend all your money on name brands, then it'd be shame on you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM

If I actually cared, we would be wearing potato sacks, and wooden block shoes made out of two by four's, now wouldn't we? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't care what CM thinks of my financial situation, or what my children wear. I don't know why anyone would.

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Hand me downs are great.
I mostly shop at The Childrens Place. I search their clearance rack and use their coupons.

I know what you mean! Children's Place has some amazing deals. I have a kid that can only fit in their jeans (one of my three) and I wait for a major sale and buy up a few for him. I like their grand openings too. I spent $75 there last time and saved 2-3 hundred!!! Polo shirts for $3 and things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM

You can get brand name clothing at Marshall's, TJMaxx and similar stores for super cheap. 

People will always talk shit no matter what.  There is nothing wrong with hand me downs and I think reselling clothes that your children have outgrown is smart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Nobody cares how you got it. The general consensus is that welfare children and moms don't deserve anything nice. If you get something sell-able, you must sell it so that you can have money and get off welfare.
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Why didn't you sell those name brands for money and stop taking mine(and the rest of America's!)

I'm kidding, glad she has clothes :)

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM
My son has long, skinny legs and no butt so all his jeans fall down. I love how TCP have adjustable waists.
I usually spend around $8 on the jeans, without the coupons.

Quoting VintageWife:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Hand me downs are great.

I know what you mean! Children's Place has some amazing deals. I have a kid that can only fit in their jeans (one of my three) and I wait for a major sale and buy up a few for him. I like their grand openings too. I spent $75 there last time and saved 2-3 hundred!!! Polo shirts for $3 and things like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Someone on here would find offense in that too, in the court of MC no one ever wins.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I actually cared, we would be wearing potato sacks, and wooden block shoes made out of two by four's, now wouldn't we? Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)