Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are questioning whether or not to call CPS, you probably should!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
  • 1 Replies

There have been some recent posts pertaining to whether or not CPS should be called.  As a school employee, I am legally obligated by law to report suspected child abuse and/or neglect.  It is everyone's moral obligation to do so. Better to call and be wrong then to not call and be right and have an abused/neglected child without help.  You may just save a child's life.  If you choose not to get involved, could you live with your decision if the unthinkable happened? Yes, CPS if underfunded and overworked, but that's an issue to take up with your local government officials.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
As an abused child, I totally agree with this. Everyone knew my home situation but no one was brave enough to say anything till I was 14..and that was a friend of mine who saw bruises on me one day at school. All of the adults didn't want to get into the middle of it because of this whole "mind your own business" mindset every one has. More kids could be saved from years of abuse like I suffered if they would just step up and make one phone call.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN