Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Have A Special Dinner That You Make On New Years Day

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Replies (151-160):
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:08 PM
I always heard eating black eyed peas were good luck for the coming year. So we'll eat them tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supernoodle2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:29 PM

pizza and wings

Mom2Boys9501
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Ribs and saurkraut. Tonight we had boiled cabbage and homemade fries for the boys who hate cabbage.

Hyman
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:39 PM
I want to read the replies to get ideas. I think it would be nice to have a family dinner that's special.

Before we were young and no baby but now we have a baby and another on the way. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Always have black eyed peas. The rest is total crap, but yummy.
Mac and cheese, meatballs, little smokies, super nachoes, baked potato cheese dip, and a veggie tray. You know, for balance.
RigPrincess85
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ_LHyx2odc&sns=em

I don't know if it's clicky I'm on my phone :p

Quoting ATG499:

I have no clue if it's from anything, but my former friend's mom used to say it whenever they'd be having fun and someone got grumpy.

Quoting RigPrincess85:

Lol! Every time I hear that I think of Franc on father of the bride.

Quoting ATG499:

Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you! Party Pooper!

Seriously, if you don't want to answer, just skip over this post.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that's any business of yours if I do or not.

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I am making spiral ham, scalloped potatoes and some kind of vegetable.  I am also going to bake a cake for dessert.  We are a family of 3 and dd does not  eat meat, but there will be plenty leftover for sandwiches etc...during the rest of the week.

ginger813
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM

pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and applesauce. Every year. I don't think we'll have it this year though for the first time ever... my grandma just passed away last night, so we will be traveling out of state tomorrow to be with family until the weekend:(

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm from Pennsylvania, so the tradition is pork, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes.

NYE always involves piles of seafood. Tonight, I made lobster, shrimp, scallops, mussels, crab, and a pasta side.

Lizardannie1966
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM

We'll have plenty of leftovers from tonight's pig fest plus we're grilling burgers and hot dogs. I'll also be making my homemade potato salad, deviled eggs and baked beans.

So generally our New Year's traditional meal is something barbecued....on January 1st...in winter. lol :) We're in Arizona and though it's been cold here lately, we're sticking to tradition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured