Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Have A Special Dinner That You Make On New Years Day

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Replies (181-190):
Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't, but my parents do. They always fix a huge Crab/Seafood dinner. Usually it's just them and my Aunt and uncle. This year it cost them a crap ton because they had my aunt and uncle, my daughter, myself, and my fiance. I'm not going to count my son because he's only 2 weeks old so it's not like he was eating crab...lol.

Aleta775
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

We make beans (black eyed peas, or pintos), collard greens, and corn bread. Sometimes I will make a ham and bean soup. Mmmmmm. 

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing special but we did plan to go out - anyway DH got real sick and couldn't go out so it was just me and my 2 boys - what a nice dinner we had I would love to do that a lot more - it reminds us what an asshat my hubby is!!! He does make going out to dinner miserable with his complaining. We 3 sat and even had a nice piece of chocolate pie after their burgers Hubs would not allow us this amount of time. UGH!!! I am thnking of what weight I need to lose for new years 220 lbs of man hehehe

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Quoting mom2priceboys:

Nothing special but we did plan to go out - anyway DH got real sick and couldn't go out so it was just me and my 2 boys - what a nice dinner we had I would love to do that a lot more - it reminds us what an asshat my hubby is!!! He does make going out to dinner miserable with his complaining. We 3 sat and even had a nice piece of chocolate pie after their burgers Hubs would not allow us this amount of time. UGH!!! I am thnking of what weight I need to lose for new years 220 lbs of man hehehe

I'm sorry your husband is sick, but I'm glad you and your boys had a good time. Wishing you and your family the very best in 2013.
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Quoting Oceana09:

I don't, but my parents do. They always fix a huge Crab/Seafood dinner. Usually it's just them and my Aunt and uncle. This year it cost them a crap ton because they had my aunt and uncle, my daughter, myself, and my fiance. I'm not going to count my son because he's only 2 weeks old so it's not like he was eating crab...lol.

I love crab and lobster. I haven't been able to eat it for years, because I need to get my teeth fixed. Wishing you and your family the very best in 2013.
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Quoting Aleta775:

We make beans (black eyed peas, or pintos), collard greens, and corn bread. Sometimes I will make a ham and bean soup. Mmmmmm. 

That sounds good. My family does the same thing. Wishing you and your family the very best in 2013.
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Quoting Thewife06:

I didn't know this was a thing..... but I had planned on making baked chicken, a salad, and sweet potatoes.

I hope you and your family have a very happy New Year.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:56 AM

yes we do, its called restaurant

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:56 AM
My mom makes gumbo every year. But I won't see her this year. Time to start my own traditions I guess.
theresaphilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Prime rib roast, crispy sweet potatoes, asparagus and my homemade strawberry cheese cake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured