Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What breed of dog are you partial to? Is there a breed that you would love to have?

Posted by   + Show Post

We always had Old English Sheepdogs. I love them but grooming is time consuming. It is worth it though.

I don't have a dog right now. I would LOVE to have a Bull Terrier.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Our fam has always had chihuahuas.  Mom has had them since the 50's.  I know everyone thinks they are just yappy little ankle bitters but they are truly devoted little dogs.

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:37 AM
We have a Jack Russell pug mix I love the pugs and pug mixes I would like to have just a pug next time the jack russells are so hyper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by The one and only on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Lol definitely not fluffly enough for a marshmallow.

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting tanya_marieh:

I really want a blue great dane.

I love great danes. We have neighbors that have a Harlequin Great Dane named Marshmallow. The kids named him. He looks nothing like a marshmallow. lol

ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:38 AM
I always have lab/shep mixes.

I love labs..huskies...sheps...and cavaliers.
CV3
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I want a King Charles Cavalier. I have wanted one since I was about 9.
norcalbaby
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:39 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my sons wants a bull terrier soooo bad. They have such a funny shaped head.  :)

Jynnifer292
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting APingMama:

I love Pugs, Bulldogs, Pit Bulls, and St. Bernards. Oh, and Yorkies. LOL.

Pugs and Bulldogs are awesome. I will never forget being at a Princess House party (crystalware for anyone that doesn't know what it is) years ago at a friend's house. She put her huge St. Bernard, Toby, in a bedroom so that he wouldn't knock over the display of what was probably a couple thousand dollars worth of crystal. One of the kids let him out. As that big fluff ball barrelled into the living room to see everyone, all excited about company, his big tail wagging like crazy, everyone gasped. He came so close to knocking it all over but not a piece fell.

peaches_04
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:43 AM
I reeeeeaaaaaallllly want a pomsky!
Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:45 AM
We have a Newfoundland mix right now (my dh's dog. She's a good dog but I'm not fond of her. Nothing against the breed, it's a great breed I just don't care for the dog) I love boxers, Rottweiler, and labrador. (i had a boxer/rottie mix and a black lab that we recently had to re-home because of a move (but dh got to keep his dam dog)
I'd really love an English Bulldog but I must wait till dh's dog has passed. Maybe by that point I can save up enough pennies to be able to afford one
APingMama
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:50 AM

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting APingMama:

I love Pugs, Bulldogs, Pit Bulls, and St. Bernards. Oh, and Yorkies. LOL.

Pugs and Bulldogs are awesome. I will never forget being at a Princess House party (crystal wear for anyone that doesn't know what it is) years ago at a friend's house. She put her huge St. Bernard, Toby, in a bedroom so that he wouldn't knock over the display of what was probably a couple thousand dollars worth of crystal. One of the kids let him out. As that big fluff ball barrelled into the living room to see everyone, all excited about company, his big tail wagging like crazy, everyone gasped. He came so close to knocking it all over but not a piece fell.

That was good luck! Their tails can nearly knock over my 10 & 11 year olders. LOL. But they are some of the sweetest dogs...just have to get past the drool. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)