Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What breed of dog are you partial to? Is there a breed that you would love to have?

Posted by   + Show Post

We always had Old English Sheepdogs. I love them but grooming is time consuming. It is worth it though.

I don't have a dog right now. I would LOVE to have a Bull Terrier.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
ibelieveinpink
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:04 AM
3 moms liked this
I would love to have another dachshund some day!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Every purebred rescue seems to be insanely expensive... besides the Pit Bulls of course. We have agreed on one breed we both know and can handle. Our girls are rescues though. We took them in when they were 5 weeks old. 

Quoting kmorales7690:

I want one, but they are very expensive shelter dogs and rescue nomads are cheaper and jut as loving lol our two dogs we have are the most loving!!!

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

Great Danes are wonderful dogs! 

Quoting kmorales7690:

I've always wanted a Great Dane or an English bulldog! We usually get shelter dogs though! Our two right now are lab/ husky and the other is a pug!

HotMichMomma
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:13 AM
The most awesome dog I ever owned was an American Eskimo. I also like Great Pyrenees and husky. I currently have a shiba inu and a big dumb lab/boxer mix
Piskie
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:17 AM

i LOVE Malamutes.... have one and would like another. They're fabulous family dogs and such good fun.

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:26 AM
I have a purebred Chihuahua and a mutt. We know the mutt's breeds, but I refuse to recognize them because she looks NOTHING like them. (She looks like a Corgi mixed with either a Dachshund and a Beagle or a short-legged Jack Russell Terrier. Her DNA test says Chihuahua and Pomeranian. No f-ing way.)

I ultimately want at least one American Pit Bull Terrier. Pitties are my FAVORITE breed!! SO wants an Alaskan Malamute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Goldens are beautiful! But I love border collies the best they are unbelieveably smart!
abernathyvanna
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I like mixed breed dogs. I have a daschund or however it's spelled... but her and my german shepard are the only full breed dogs that I have ever had... 

I just lost my babe. He was completely mixed up.. errrr well he was a mutt.. Nobody had any kind of clue what all he was mixed with. I had him for 9 years and it broke my heart when he passed away. He got into a fight with a coyote last year and he got better then he got sick again and the vet said that it was stuff from the fight. (The first pic is just before I took him to the vet.. It was a picture that I text my mom because she didn't know the extent of the injuries and I really needed her to know so she could help me take him) The other picture is just before he passed away in May.

lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I love German Shepherds. I got one a year ago and she's the best dog ever!

headingsouth13
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Chihuahua's and pomeranians/pekingese mix

mrspena
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:49 AM
I have a 12lb Pom Gonzo. It took dh 3years to warm up to him. He is perfect for us. Not too big and not too small. And very protective of ds.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured