Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What breed of dog are you partial to? Is there a breed that you would love to have?

Posted by   + Show Post

We always had Old English Sheepdogs. I love them but grooming is time consuming. It is worth it though.

I don't have a dog right now. I would LOVE to have a Bull Terrier.

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Replies (351-352):
pj2becca21
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Grey hounds, slukis, italian greyhound, chow chow, newfoundland, rottie, and pits
my hubby had a rottie, my parents have a chow/newfoundland mix. And now we have a Italian grey hound/ chi mix
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigressLily
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:40 PM

The "pocket beagle" the woman is holding in the video looks like it is mixed with Chihuahua. "Downsizing" a breed means to breed it with a smaller breed many generations until you can breed those two breeds together and make that breed it's own breed in a sense, such as the American Pit Bull Terrier was bred from many various breeds together until they could breed only these breeds together, many dog generations of work, possibly a few human generations as well. Naturally, there is no such thing as a pocket beagle. What this woman appears to be doing is mixing 2 beagles with possibly 2 Chihuahuas and then breeding the product from those 2 litters etc.... That would give a smaller beagle but it wouldn't be a purebred beagle to start with and never will be a purebred beagle, it will always be a mix beagle but it can eventually become its own breed, though it would never be a true beagle.

Quoting cshepard:

http://queenelizabethpocketbeagles.com/tn_daisy_hill_pocket_beagles can't make it clicky but there's a website that sells them

Quoting TigressLily:

No such thing as a pocket beagle... there's only the 13 and 15 inch beagles.

Quoting cshepard:

My wording was wrong, a pocket beagle

Quoting AliKatAK47:

There is no such thing as a mini Beagle.

Quoting cshepard:

I want a beagle, specifically a mini beagle. Adorable!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured