Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pissed! Am I overreacting?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
DH was scheduled to work until 11, they asked him to stay over 4 hours. He came home on lunch and got my car to put gas in it. I've been tossing and turning since 3:30 and he's still not home. Apparently he decided to stay longer and not even shoot me a text. Cool. I leave for work at 6 and he decided to work all night and now I gotta worry about him trying to take care of our 3&4 year olds with no sleep. I am so livid! Happy new year, by the time I get off work today he's going to do nothing but sleep.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you have a vagina?  Then yes, you're overreacting.

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:54 AM
I would be upset that he didn't communIcate what he was doing properly, but no, I wouldn't be upset about work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:56 AM

I work 3rd, and I go without sleep all of the time due to my husband working during the day. Cut him some slack. I am sure he is exhausted. 

krayzbabylove
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I would appreciate a text but assume that he probably thinks you are asleep since you have to work early. At least be is working. Many families are struggling in that area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:05 AM
He used to work midnights and honestly, I told him he couldn't anymore because he was so exhausted that on one occasion the kids (2&3 at the time) got out of the house and were found by a neighbor almost 3 blocks away headed to the park and he was still blissfully asleep while they pounded on the door. I had only been gone an hour.

Quoting angeleyes16:

I work 3rd, and I go without sleep all of the time due to my husband working during the day. Cut him some slack. I am sure he is exhausted. 

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:28 AM
I'd be upset, too! Call during every break you get to make sure everything is okay.

Quoting Anonymous:

He used to work midnights and honestly, I told him he couldn't anymore because he was so exhausted that on one occasion the kids (2&3 at the time) got out of the house and were found by a neighbor almost 3 blocks away headed to the park and he was still blissfully asleep while they pounded on the door. I had only been gone an hour.

Quoting angeleyes16:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elijahXmom
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:31 AM
Can you get a sitter?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angeleyes16:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN