Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Their tree. My yard.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Our neighbors have a huge tree at the corner of our gates. The 2nd biggest limb goes over my yard over the garage. Its beginning to crack and I'm afraid its going to break off and smash my garage and fence.

She won't let us cut it and she wont do anything about. What can we do?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyirish
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Cut it down. If she calls the cops or something, let her. They'll probably tell her you have the right. I would think if it is going to damage your property, you can cut it. I'm not sure though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HerLadyGrey
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Trim back what is in your yard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:21 AM
She says if we cut it she's going to shoot out my tires. The women is psycho..
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:21 AM
Trim it back. Out neighbors called our property manager about our trees on their side of the fence. They came out and trimmed them all back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
get a recording of her saying this and then trim it back....or leave a note on her door that says you have until such and such date to take care of the problem or we will trim it and if she leaves a note you have proof that way also

Quoting Anonymous:

She says if we cut it she's going to shoot out my tires. The women is psycho..

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

In most states you own from your property line up.  So if it is leaning over your property line you have every right to cut it.  We have had to do this before for similar reasons to yours.  Let the town know what you are going to do and of the threats made against you.  That way if anything happens to your property you can go after her for damages.  Also let her know that you informed the town of such.  Good luck.  Nasty neighbors are the pits.  I am so glad that ours are all wonderful.

MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM

YOu can trim whatever is hanging in your yard.

lilfishbigocean
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Does she have home owners insurance?? Wait for the sucker to fall, and then sue her to pay for damages.

MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:34 AM
You can trim anything hanging over your yard. If you don't and it does fall and do damage her home owner's insurance will have to cover damages.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wildcat423
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Yes, you legally can trim it. No, her insurance won't pay for damages. Yours would (subject to your deductible). I'm an insurance agent. It's one if those things that doesn't make sense but that's the way most policies are written. Contact your agent to make sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)