Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do i say NO w\o bein a b****?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:33 AM
  • 103 Replies
My son has been on xmas break since the 21st and has literally been at home/in his bed 2 nights since. Xmas eve and night before last because i turned my phone off. Its like everyone wants to have him come spend the night and i get no time with him and certain people literally call me days and weeks in advance. I ask him if he wants to go of course and he says yes but i think he just does it to make people happy. Last night it got to the point that bil and my brother were both arguing with me about who got him for the night and after that all got straightened out i had two more people calling for him tonight. I just wanna be able to say no without people getting pissed at me because it has happened before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EAzizM
by Erica on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:34 AM
4 moms liked this
Keep him home...you are his mom after all. You get the last say.
HerLadyGrey
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:36 AM
4 moms liked this

Thank them for the invite but he has plans. Thank them for the invite but he needs to stick to a routine. Thank them for the invite but you have to say no because... Say anything just thank them for the invite first.

Two_Hearts
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:36 AM
2 moms liked this
you say no...that simple. you are his mother you don't need to explain your reasons to anyone
deenakate
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:37 AM

How old is he?

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this

just tell them that you are having mommy son time :)

JLS2388
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:38 AM

LOL He must be the they kid in your family right? Explain to people that while you are thrilled that they all love him, he is your son and it's important that you spend time with him too. They may be pissed but when others start having kids it will get better.

hggmommy87
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Quoting deenakate:

How old is he?

AndrewsMommy01
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I wish my family would even take an intrest in my son like that. He never sees any of them. Bunch of ass holes.

hggmommy87
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:41 AM
No hes not...hes the oldest of my 4, on my side there are 6 other kids, on dhs side there are 6 also...i just chalked it up to he is a really good playmate

Quoting JLS2388:

LOL He must be the they kid in your family right? Explain to people that while you are thrilled that they all love him, he is your son and it's important that you spend time with him too. They may be pissed but when others start having kids it will get better.

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:42 AM
18 moms liked this
You just say "He's been gone a lot lately, he needs to stay home to help him get back in a routine for school."

Putting your foot down and making choices for him doesn't make you a bitch, it makes you his mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN