Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you feel about Welfare?

Posted by   + Show Post
Currently I am a sahm, I am not on any kind of assistantance. I stay home because my family can afford for me to stay home. However when I was working (which I did full time for four years straight out of college until I had my daughter) I used to hate the fact that some of my hard earned money had to go to people who chose not to work. I understand that that is not ALWAYS the case, that some people really do need help but if you are on Welfare it is supposed to be a temporary assistance UNTIL you get yourself on your feet. I mean I guess I can't blame anyone, who would want to struggle at a minimum wage job with bad/no benefits, when the government will pay you to stay home.

I just wonder sometimes if there was no government funded welfare if people would make more responsible decisions. Like going to school and waiting to have kids until they could afford them.

I never would want to see children suffer due to a parent not being financially stable but its just a thought I have sometimes.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Replies (351-356):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Some people are not on welfare because of poor decision making. Some are on it due to circumstances.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

oh fuck you  i can care less you can hate all you want i can care less I'm doing what i got to do so my family could have a good future and if that means getting help with food so i can afford to go to collage then so be it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM

yup yup I'm a loser that goes to collage and gets food stamps I'm such a damm loser cause i want the best for my kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 67 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I think it needs to be temporary, not have three generations of the same family on it. . Anyone at any time could fall upon hard times unexpectedly and welfare is supposed to fill the gap until you can be self sufficient again. It's supposed to be a stopgap measure, It's not supposed to be your regular paycheck. There needs to be so much more accountability for the people who are on it, and limits to how long you can get it. In other words, I'm all for it, but it can't be treated as an unlimited 'resource' when it isn't anything close to that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 59 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Then maybe you should look outside of your immediate area and find one.  Seriously, if there was no PA you'd have to work or let your children starve so you can be a full time mom and student.  Pretend like there isn't and take care of your own.  When you choose to start a family you accept all of the responsibilities that come with it, that includes being able to provide for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

what ever so i guess its wrong to want to go to school for my kids where i live there are no jobs  you cant find a job no one is hiring but they are hiring in the health career field so you no what I'm going to do what i got to do to so my kids will have a good future you can look down on me all you want but in the end im the one going to school for my kids so i can give them everything thing they want and need.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:40 PM

no I'm not doing that because there is PA and i am able to go to collage so I'm not giving that up and it dose not make me any less of a person ok you should really be bashing the people that stay on PA for years and years and decide to stay home just because they get more money not working those are the people you need to be bashing at least im not like that and i want to do better with my life i just don't sit and do nothing and waste my life i take care of my kids and on day ill be able to support them and until then I'm staying on PA and to let you know we only have 1 car and the hubby takes  it for work so i can not go out of were i live which is in the middle of the country side to go find a far distance job which no where is hiring ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN