Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate being socially awkward..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

DH is out of town which leaves me to spend New Years Eve alone (which I guess isn't anything new, we've never done anythingon NYE, and I've usually been in bed before midnight). My best friend has to work at 6am tomorrow so she won't be staying up, and my brother has his daughter since she's out of school so that means no hanging out with him. My daughters preschool teacher, whom I'm friends with, asked if I wanted to come over to her house for game night and let the kids play. I said sure, then yesterday I found out that it's just going to be her, her husband, their kids, and another couple, and their kids. I'd be okay if it were a group of people, but I'd feel really left out and out of place being there just me. I feel all panicky, and while I want to go, at the same time I want to stay home and hide in the dark.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
reava
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I'm the same way. I have to force myself into any social situation. I usually end up having fun though .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:04 PM

i feel your pain.  it's taken a lot of work for me to be able to go do things on my own w/o having panic attacks.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Go, go, go. You'll have fun!

bry36
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I am so they same way but I try to force myself to be more social I am super quite person just normally unless I am totally comfortable with people then I am pretty self assured but sometimes I know my quietness comes across as stuck up which, if anybody really knows me they know that'snot true at all I just am not good at talking to people I don't know or small talk does not come easy to me. If I am drinking I think I am super funny not sure everyone else does which can be awkward as well LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)