Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do they need to know your race when purchasing a gun??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 12 Replies
We where at a sporting goods store yesterday (I got new shoes yay) and hubby was looking at the pocket knifes. Some guy was filling out the form to buy a gun next to us. I heard the sales man telling him he needed to check Hispanic or non Hispanic ad that it was a new section on the form. It got me to thinking. Why does that matter? And why only Hispanic or not? Seems weird to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM

You need to clarify that for almost anything. I think you're looking in to something that isn't there- and there was likely more than one choice, but you only heard that part. Idk. Idc either.

banana-bear
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Hispanic is not a race, it is an ethnicity. And I don't care about questions like that....I just answer them. The paper isn't being a bigot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Its a basic question to ask why trying to ID someone. Seems standard to me, its on your drivers license too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM
well duh! Because if you're black you're obviously going to rob someone and if you're a white male you're going to shoot up a school. Derp!
MrsErdos2011
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I'm guessing you've never filled out any other type of application or heard someone filling out an application? It is a standard question.

stacefaceninja
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea...but they ask that question for a lot of different things. You can usually check the box that syas you prefer not to answer. I always check the wrong box anyway...that's my littel way of telling the government to suck it;)

-If for any reason you feel an urge to correct my grammar, spelling, or punctuation, please suppress this urge. You are not important enough to me to spend time editing before I post.  I will just laugh at you-

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM
You also have to give height and weight on those too and I believe hair color.
Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I don't think that is necessary for anything. We have a nosey government.
stacefaceninja
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:38 PM
A-fucking-men. That freakshow of assholes we have "running" this country is the biggest joke I've ever seen. It's a popularity contest. Whoever tells the bigger lies wins...

Quoting Godgaveme4:

I don't think that is necessary for anything. We have a nosey government.
other_mother
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM

It's just interesting statistics-- that's all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)