Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just helped my daughter give birth

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 22 Replies

for like the 100th time this morning.  She comes to me with her baby doll under her shirt, saying she needs to have her baby lol.  I only perform c-sections though.  She doesn't know where it REALLY comes from...she's 4, I'm not explaining it anytime soon lol!!

Have you performed any c-sections lately?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jenn on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Funny you should ask. DS, 7, was born via c-section and we were discussing it last night, idk why, but we were reenacting it with sound effects. We got quite the giggle out of it. That's a different kind of performance, but it was fun. :)

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
DS is 6 and when I was pregnant with dd last year he said he wanted to be in the delivery room.... We explained to him how it would happen and he asked if there was gonna be blood and we said yes so he said "ummm just call me after you give her a tubby"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Why would you not explain it to her?

x2monstersx
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:25 PM

lol, ya my daughter gets such a kick out of it.  I can't help but laugh like the whole time we are giving "birth"!

Quoting Pnukey:

Funny you should ask. DS, 7, was born via c-section and we were discussing it last night, idk why, but we were reenacting it with sound effects. We got quite the giggle out of it. That's a different kind of performance, but it was fun. :)

x2monstersx
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I just personally feel, that there is no need to tell her that babies come out of her vagina?  She already gets freaked out about alot of stuff.  She is still learning how to keep her 'pee pee' clean.  Once we move on from that and if she ever asks, I will.  Besides, it is true that babies are cut from womens bellies, so it's not like I'm lying.

Quoting Liyoness:

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Nope. They know how babies are born. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Actually, Yes I have! My 4 year old granddaughter has been spending a few days with me. She's so much fun! I have done at least 6 or more Csections in the last few days!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM

No lol. My daughter puts her baby up her shirt, but it always falls out at the wrong time. She will say, look at how early my baby was born, that's why she's so small. She has one of those cutie babies that's about the size of a hand.

Liyoness
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM

There is no need to give her basic anatomy lessons and to be truthful about how babies are born?

Yes, babies come out of the 'belly' in emergency situations. Why are you teaching her that birth is an emergency?

As a birth advocate, I find this scary. This is why girls are growing up thinking that they pee out of their vaginas, don't understand exactly how babies are made, and walk in to an OB the moment they get pregnant and 'consent' to a bunch of interventions that could be dangerous to both them and the baby.

Basically, we're making our kids stupid by not teaching them properly.

Quoting x2monstersx:

I just personally feel, that there is no need to tell her that babies come out of her vagina?  She already gets freaked out about alot of stuff.  She is still learning how to keep her 'pee pee' clean.  Once we move on from that and if she ever asks, I will.  Besides, it is true that babies are cut from womens bellies, so it's not like I'm lying.

Quoting Liyoness:

x2monstersx
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

yay! lol, thats alot of great grandbabies ;)

Quoting robyann:

Actually, Yes I have! My 4 year old granddaughter has been spending a few days with me. She's so much fun! I have done at least 6 or more Csections in the last few days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)