Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's wrong with texting my SS14?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
I live in Massachusetts and we just got hit with a bunch of snow Saturday night. DH worked from 930 to 5 and the forecast said the snow was going to make the commute very messy by 5. DH had to drive to 2 towns after work to pick up both of his sons. I texted SS14 and had him ask his BM if I could pick him up early before the snow started so I could at least lessen the amount of time DH and our precious cargo would be out on the road. BM said the snow wasn't supposed to start until 8 or 9 o'clock so no I could not. I texted SS14 when the snow started at 3 and jokingly asked him what time it was. Of course he answered with a sarcastic remark back because even he knows when his mother is being difficult just to be difficult and it aggravates him as well as his father. Then he and I had a little bit of humorous banter back and forth about the snow outside. His mother asked him who he was texting and when he said me she got all upset and said why is she texting you? Why is she acting like your friend and not a step parent? SS14 said to his mother everyone makes a big deal out of telling her she's just dad's wife and nothing else to me so what do you expect her to act like? What would you have said?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brebugmom91
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:37 PM
I wouldn't care personally. I joke around and text dhs dad all the time. Its kind of the same thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
clearlyme
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:38 PM
3 moms liked this
BM sounds jealous
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM
8 moms liked this

You seriously find nothing at all wrong with this scenario. (not asking, just stating.) I can't imagine how you would expect a functional relationship with her when you pull stuff like this. #1Rule: Leave the kids OUT OF IT!

Seriously, grow up and get a clue!

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say your SS had a good snappy comeback.  Hopefully his Mom will absord and think about his words.  I also really don't understand what kind of parent wouldn't want their children to travel earlier before a heavy snowfall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:18 PM
She's a control freak to the max, OCD. She would love it if my DH disappeared off the face of the earth if it didn't mean losing her child support.

Quoting clearlyme:

BM sounds jealous

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM
She's just jealous that you & SS have a good relationship. Which I find ridiculous. You'd *think* birth parents would be relieved that their kids have good step parents. It's insecurity.
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:20 PM

I know when I was 14 I had the say on when I went where. If I wanted my step mom to pick me up to help my dad out it wouldn't have been a problem!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Because it was ME offering the ride, the EVIL SM.

Quoting kikibix:

I'd say your SS had a good snappy comeback.  Hopefully his Mom will absord and think about his words.  I also really don't understand what kind of parent wouldn't want their children to travel earlier before a heavy snowfall.

-PB
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM
5 moms liked this

I thinks its great that you have a good relationship with your ss but making jokes about bm is not very mature.  When it comes to bm's shenanigans leave the kids out of it.  I think its ok to text ss.  Just not about bm.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Yeah well then biomom wouldn't get the wonderful satisfaction of saying no because SHE has to be the one in charge.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I know when I was 14 I had the say on when I went where. If I wanted my step mom to pick me up to help my dad out it wouldn't have been a problem!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN