Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE UPDATE!: OK Really need help for once.. Ladies please comment!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:38 PM
  • 57 Replies

The offer has officially expired.. never came through thank the lord! Happy New Year every ONE!

OK UPDATE: dh just got back to me.. and said to offer for 1 night and 1 night only.. pending a $30 "inconvenience fee" .. co worker just got paid .. i did the pay roll.. so $30 is not asking too much.. once i said that he said he will think about it.. i said well let me know.. because the offer expires by 7.. im not going to have people strolling into my house when ever they feel like it.. so.. it didnt sound like he wanted to come up off the $30.. so i think my situation is resolved! hopefully!

ok .. so my co worker got kicked out of where he was staying.. now.. hes a nice guy and all.. but does have partying issues.. and hes not the most pleasurable of company.. ok put it this way.. we are cool at work.. but i would never invite him to a social gathering at my house.

ok so hes kicked out.. and hes talking to me .. kinda hinting at asking if he could crash at my house but not saying it.. things like "im going to have to sleep in the service truck tonight".. then he buys me lunch so now i feel really bad.. i mean i work 1 on 1 with this guy at work 6 days a week 9 hours a day.. so i called dh and asked what i should do.. i have a really big heart when it comes to people sleeping in the street.. but im terrified that he will set up shop.. im thinking to offer him a warm place to sleep for a day or 2 days tops.. but i def dont want him getting comfortable.. or thinking he can stay.. this is a huge intrusion on us.. we only have a small 2 bedroom apartment.. so we would have to make arrangement to accomodate him.. but i do feel terrible about him sleeping in the serivice truck .. in 28* weather.. on new years..

what should i do?

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
No way Jose! I would lie and say that I have a roommate or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 PM
7 moms liked this

Pay for a cheap motel for him for the night or two.

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My friend did this guy is still there six months later

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

No way Jose! I would lie and say that I have a roommate or something.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I'd offer him a place to stay... with the understnding that it's for ONE night (or two nights, whatever you decide)

Robsessed98
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Sorry, but I'd let him ask one of his friends. Some people tend to not leave when their time is up and can cause issues, so noone stays with us unless they are close to us and we know they won't abuse the favor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I would tell him dh is the jealous type

fraujones
by Mommytron on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Can he ask your boss for an advance on his check and stay in a hotel until he gets his shit together? Things could get ugly if you let him stay with you...

beethann
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

how many kids do you have?

momofacrew
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

There has to be a reason why he got kicked out other then partying. So, you don't know the whole story. I would not invite that into my life. I would give him he money back from lunch and wish him luck. Do you even really know this person? Work relationships sometime need to stay in the work place. Doesn't mean you are heartless just have common sense...

Jers.
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I like this idea. Tell him you are sorry that you don't have the room, but offer to help him get a cheap hotel room for a night or two.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Pay for a cheap motel for him for the night or two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN