Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Best toys for a toddler on plane?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
I need help we have a 7hr flight coming up next week with my 1 1/2 year old what are the best toys or distractions for this? I know its going to be rough. We flew when she was 11months and that was hard but now that she is miss independent I know we have a rough flight ahead of us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom2hadley
by Heather on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I am curious about this also because in a month I will be flying with my 22 month old daughter.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

if you have an MP3 player load it with kid songs. Also my boys used to take the books/cassettes at that age. coloring book and crayons, Almost anything new will distract and hold her attention. Safe travels. Bring lots of snacks. If they have their mouth fiull they cant be too loud  LOL . Personal DVD player would be a lifesaver.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

If you have one, load a tablet or iphone or ipod up with some fun toddler friendly apps, or a few episodes of a tv show. Seriously, it helps a lot when you are on a plane.

madisonsma08
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Leap Pad!!! But don't forget the head phones!!! I loaned ours to a friend for a long flight. They have games, coloring, music, videos and more!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Benadryl.

I would take lots of little snacks and treats. Food is a good distraction and everything at the airport is super expensive. Get something special that you don't normally take like candy.   And a DVD player with cartoons without a doubt.   Make sure any electronic things are well charged so they can play those.  And ask at the desk if the plane is full and if it's not, I'd ask to sit in the back away from other people.  I'm sorry but I DETEST sitting anywhere near kids on a plane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:39 PM

It also helps to have small snacks available.

Whatever you take, you will want to limit the 'pieces' just so it's easier to get on and off without looking for lost toys that fell.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you have one, load a tablet or iphone or ipod up with some fun toddler friendly apps, or a few episodes of a tv show. Seriously, it helps a lot when you are on a plane.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Oh boy, I feel for ya. I have a 16 hour flight with an almost 3 year old and a soon-to-be 9 month old in a couple of months...it's going to be HELL. Do you have a LeapPad or Vtech tablet? Or maybe an iPad or whatever with kids games on it? I just flew with my kids this weekend, and my son's LeapPad saved me on that flight. Three hours and it kept him entertained most of the flight. My 7 month old slept most of the time lol. 

Syphon
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM

A tablet loaded with toddler friendly games and videos.  I just flew to Argentina with a 3 and 6 yr old.  9 hr flight.

Samantha_McKay
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Oooh thats a tough age for travel too.
Snacks, crayons and blank paper, personal dvd player or a laptop for films, a kindle, headphones (I go to 5 below and get mine, the big padded ones that are easy for kids to wear) story books, small toys (wrapped if she likes opening things), phone with some toddler aps or things that are easy to play (thumbzilla is a good one).

And I'm sure I'll be bashed for it, but a late flight and a little benadryl isn't the worst thing ever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN