Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What makes you a "bad mom"? *Just wanted to add*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

None of us are perfect parents, we all do things that others look at as "bad" 

spanking, circumsising, co-sleeping, solids too early, not rear facing long enough, etc...

everyone on here should be able to atleast admit one thing they do that others look at as wrong, so their shouldnt be any "nothings"

Just for fun, you can go anon. 

I'll post mine after i get a few answers.

Remember, JUST FOR FUN. 

No bashing

I'm suprised this went as well as it did. I was honestly expecting fewer people to participate and when i saw how many, i was expecting drama.  

However, a few people did take it as i was calling them bad moms if they happened to spank, circumsize, etc...anything i gave as an example. 

That is NOT NOT NOT what i was getting at. TBH, i plan on getting any future sons circumsized, i co-sleep, my daughter had solids at 5 months, my 9 month old is forward facing. so i'm far from a perfect mom.

Theres only one reply on here that i think doesn't deserve to have kids, and it wasnt even one of the cafemom'ers, it was about someone they knew.

I'm sorry if anybody took offense at that. 

Okay one of my "confessions" was that i forward face my 9 month old, whos almost 10 months now! :)

Im not gonna be one of those who go into the whole "shes over the weight limit, the doctor told me i could, my kid hates riding rear facing etc"

yes i forward face her, have since she was 8 months. 

at first she wasn't over the weight limit to be forward facing, but i chose too. 

Its a pain the in ass to have to put her in rear facing especially when she stiffens out when i put her in their. I've bonked her head on the car multiple times trying to get her rear facing. 

Its convientant for me, i'm her mommy and it was my choice.

I've been pulled over before, actually on new years and the cop saw that she was forward facing and didn't say a word.

and the doctor did say it was fine, but she had already been FF before that.

i will forward face at 9 months again if i need too.

im not a bad mom for it.

i live in a small town, 3000 or less and we go a whole 2 blocks to the store and 2 blocks back.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Replies (721-730):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 199 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I would never breastfeed, and haven't. No matter what anyone says, I think it's creepy.
Lanesmommy26
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Oh where to begin!?! ;) For starters, I argue and negotiate with my six year old, I let her watch tv at least 1 hour after school, I "over book" her with gymnastics, piano, girl scouts and dance, and the crowning glory, I let her eat sweets once a day! ;) Let the judgments begin. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I homeschool, I don't vaccinate, I had my son circumsized, and I spank. I also let my kids eat more junk food than I probably should, but they are active and a good weight, so I don't think too much on it. 

With the homeschooling, do you use an online program or just get the books and do it yourself?

I'm planning on homeschooling my daughter and need some more info on it

Dcn2010
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I'm 23 and I don't spank my son. To most of my family, I have a HUGE Mexican family no offense, I'm in out of my head about not wanting to spank him. I believe we all are in a different time of parenting where more options are provided for parenting. It doesn't have to be "old school" any more. I give props to all the moms who admitted to their flaws but none that I read make you a bad mom. Yet I do believe there are bad moms out there, too many actually.

Ok so please please PLEASE don't take this offensively. I will admit I got a little uneasy when I tea about you having your child in a forward facing carseat at 9 months. But please understand I am not judging at all, you are his mother and no one but you know what is right. I came across a video that changed my mind when I was debating on turning my sons car seat forward facing and my mind was set after I saw it. I'm not giving you this info to say do it, I'm only passing it on because I believe it's a helpful video. Once again please don't take this offensively. I'm only passing on the video that helped me change my mind.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8gU9zzCGA8
Anonymous
by Anonymous 196 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
continued from my previous reply: I also formula fed both dds because I was grossed out/freaked out about bf. I also do not eat the healthiest and didn't want to hurt them and I was selfish in wanting to eat what I wanted. I hate whininess so when dds whine I ignore them unless they are sick. Then there's a reason so to me it's not whining. I let dd2 sleep in so I have so quiet time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm, I cuss like a "marine" according to MY dad. I'm a SAHM and the TV is on all the time for noise. I hate being. SAHM. It's the hardest thing I'VE ever done. I can't figure out how to take care of dd and get house work done. My kitchen is filthy. The rest of the house is sorta messy. (We have a teeny tiny house with 1 closet for 4 people so it gets messy fast. I hover over dd waiting for her to want my attention. I don't do as many arts and crafts as I should. I use the weather outside as an excuse to not take her out. We don't eat well rounded meals but I cook nearly everynight. 17yo dd makes me crazy. More often than not I dream of the day she leaves for college. I day dream of being alone-just leaving dh with dd17 and dd2 and having a life. I'm not even trying to potty train. Dd2 is allowed to have drinks of caffinated tea and sodas, and eat candy at my discretion. That's all I can think of right now.

aimesnyc
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:02 AM

My 1 year old had been sick since Sunday (as have me and hubby/daddy), and this morning he had a fever of 100.2.  We've missed a lot of work because of the holidays, and my hubby stayed home with him yesterday and took him to the doc (who said he just had a bad cold).  We couldn't get my MIL to watch him, so we gave him Tylenol and took him to daycare because neither of us could stay home with him today for a full day.  Now we are just waiting to see if the daycare calls us. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 200 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My kids watch cartoons to keep them entertained while I clean or play on cafemom. I started forward facing my daughter at 9 months. I sometimes bring my 1 year old daughter in the shower with me so I can get a shower in. I co sleep. My kids strongly believe Santa is real. I allow my 3 year old son to play with babydolls and other girly toys. I spank when the kids are doing something that could hurt them badly (sticking fingers in electrical outlets, climbing on furniture, running out in the road, etc) My son is circumsized. I am 27 weeks pregnant and pack my 30 pound kid around because he's spoiled. My 3 year old son drinks sweet tea. I feed my kids happy meals from mcdonalds about 3 times a month and don't make them eat the apple dippers.

Laurenw420
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I can play, I'm a bad mom too!!!

* My girls do PAGEANTS, yep, bring on the Glitz... But ask them both what thier favorite thing to do is, the answer will always be pageants!

* I co-slept will all 3 of my kids

* I smoke weed, everynight usually. But I never ever drink Alcohol. My username everywhere is lauren420 lol :p

* I smoke cigarettes but never smoke anything in the house/car and I do have a designated smoking jacket.

* Cartoons are on all day long....

* I hate cooking so my kids get lots of snacks

* I sleep in when my DH is home, usually until after lunch and I LOVE it!!! Im at home 24-7 with the 3 kids and I deserve it!

* I extened breatfed and rearfacing. My family thinks those are forms of torture....

* I cloth diapered because I was to cheap to buy sposies!

* I ignore my kids during the day while I sit on the couch and read. They are watchinv TV while i do that.

* Im not married (common law) and I have 2 baby daddies.....

* I take perscription pain killers daily or else I cant walk, screw naturopaths, I want the strong stuff that works thank u very much! If I cant get out of bed then I would be a bad mommy :p

* MY KIDS LOVE CANDY!

* and so do I lol

Theres probably
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Oh my.

We homeschool independently (no virtual public school).

We DO vaccinate.

I forward face as soon as I'm legally allowed to do so.

We use disposable diapers.

Nothing organic is ever purchased here.

Although I have breastfed all my children (currently breastfeeding my 6 month old son, breastfed my middle son for almost 3 years), I *hate* breastfeeding and look foward to the day I have no more boobie babies.

We do NOT spank.

I DO negotiate with my children.

I encourage my children to argue their point with a rational, fact bast presentation, void of over dramatics.

I do NOT make my children respect others simply because of a person's age or position. They are required to be CIVIL and POLITE to everyone, but we teach them that respect is earned, not something anyone is entitled to.

We do not make food a battle. We have a two bite rule that has never been argued - two bites of a food, if you dislike it, feel free to eat something else.

We have an open kitchen (children are encouraged to graze and snack as they please).

We baptize our infants (lol - I've seen the debate here on CM, so I'm counting that as potentially "bad" to some parents).

Our children are free to explore other faiths but are required to practice the Catholic faith so long as they live here (and we will support whatever faith path they choose later, happily).

College is treated as the next normal thing after high school. Just as mandatory if they want mom and dad's support after high school.

I do NOT cry-it-out.

We are nosey "up in their face" about our children, their activities, and their friends.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I should've added the forgetting to have my 3 yr old brush her teeth, there's times she goes 3/4 days without brushing :( she's so hyper that all I can think of is getting some sleep and getting her out of my hair at night.

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Oh, let's see...letting my baby fall asleep with her bottle...yeah, that's a big no no.

Others:

I have bribed my kids into behaving for candy.

I have lost my temper and yelled at the kids just because I was in a bad mood and they were being...kids. (That doesn't happen often)

I have fed my kids nachos for dinner (not even the kind with lettuce, tomatoes, and ground beef on top).

I forget on a regular basis to have my two and three year old brush their teeth.

I'm sure there's more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN